cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Lost My Return Kit Containing My Old Phone, Now I'm being charged over $500 and NO ONE will help

Journeyman

UPS Lost My Return Kit Containing My Old Phone, Now I'm being charged over $500 and NO ONE will help

I returned my old phone via my office building's UPS Drop box. Since it is just a drop box, I didn't receive a confirmation number from UPS. Fast forward to 30 days later. Go online - being charged $200 for a non return fee and over $300 for the remaining amount owed on my phone. Contacted Sprint via the chat feature where I've never been treated so poorly by any customer service team. The agent told me that this "wasn't Sprint's problem" and that it's "not Sprint's fault that you sent back your return via UPS" Thing is - it is Sprint's issue because that is the carrier they use for their Return Kits. I was then told that I needed to contact UPS and there was nothing Sprint could do. I contacted UPS, who promptly told me that Sprint needed to reach out to them on my behalf and that they couldn't help me. I once again chatted in to Sprint and was then told that I need to contact the police regarding this and then to reach back out after the police are involved. Is this real life?! I've been a customer with Sprint for over 5 years. This is the most disappointing experience I've ever had with a company. If I was a trusted customer to Sprint, I wouldn't be getting charged for a UPS shipping error. If this EVER gets resolved, I'm taking my business elsewhere. UNREAL. 

18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: UPS Lost My Return Kit Containing My Old Phone, Now I'm being charged over $500 and NO ONE wi...

Hi Sidney. This is definitely not the level of service we strive for. I'd like to look into this for you. I'm going to send you a PM so I can get some account details from you and start checking on this. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Re: UPS Lost My Return Kit Containing My Old Phone, Now I'm being charged over $500 and NO ONE will

Hi there!! I’m currently having the same issue... it has been on going since NOVEMBER. I have spoken to countless customer service reps who have told me time and time again they would put a hold on the $300+ charge for the lost/non returned phone- yet here we are months later and sprint has continuously turned my service off due to “past due balance”. This is actually insane and I have no clue what to do moving forward because I have to re-explain this entire situation every time I contact sprint and the Reps never understand my situation.
Journeyman

Re: UPS Lost My Return Kit Containing My Old Phone, Now I'm being charged over $500 and NO ONE will

Hey! So posting on this forum is the best place to get this resolved. They were able to file a claim with UPS and this has now been resolved. They issued a credit on my account for the remaining phone amount and the non return fee. It took a few weeks but it's finally OVER! My advice to you - write a post explaining your situation and a CSR will reach out to you and help get this resolved. It's insane the lengths we have to go to in order to get this taken care of. Good luck!!!

I can definitely help you out with this. Will you send me a direct message with your phone number and account PIN?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Absolutely. Thank you so much for the quick reply
Journeyman

Ugh THANK YOU- it is truly insane how long I’ve had to be stressing over something I pay so much money for monthly. Wrote my novel of a post and hoping for the best! Appreciate the advice, hoping I receive the same help you did!!! Thanks again
Journeyman

I’ve been going thru the SAME EXACT carbon copy run around since returning my wife’s in a ups dropbox right outside ups’s Facility itself!! Ups said the same thing but again Sprint decides that contacting UPS won’t be an option. This was 12/18 when I dropped it off and it’s now 3/19 and my bill $1534.00 and I’ve upgraded all 5 phones on my account since the fn iPhone 5 and NEVER had this issue, well if Sprint treats they’re 6 year patrons who used autopay up until now and are gonna cancel my service..... GO RIGHT AHEAD,

Howdy TC692. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'll be more than happy to look into it for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hi Cat_Sprint, this is JLCleary, I was chatting with you the other day, TC692 is my fiancé and he hasn’t answered you yet bc he doesn’t have my tracking info.  But i had given you all my info the other day and if you still need It I can message it to you, just lmk.  But you said that someone would be calling me in 3 to 5 business days, to be sure to answer my phone.  I have been waiting for that call and yesterday my fiancé got a text from Sprint saying they were unable to locate the  return kit with my device, please visit Comminity Sprint to provide shipping info.   And I know you told me in our chat the other day that they had called me on 3/2/19, but when I checked my phone log I had not received a call from any 800 # on 3/2, but my fiancé again had received a text saying basically the same thing but not to contact you guys but that we were responsible for the costs remaining on my lost-in-UPS-limbo phone.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Ty!

Howdy JLCleary. Give me a few mins to go back over my notes to see if I can find the conversation we were on. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Thank you for your patience, I see the case I created was rejected, not to worry, I've got a plan "B". Bear with me while I complete an escalation regarding this issue. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.