Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked iPhone 6s not activating with sprint (From Koodo a Canadian Carrier)

Journeyman

Unlocked iPhone 6s not activating with sprint (From Koodo a Canadian Carrier)

Hi Sprint!

I hope you  all doing well. I saw there is a similar issue like mine on the forum as follow but since that topic was locked and I could not reply I made this one.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone-6-and-iPhone-6-Plus/Unlocked-iphone-6-plus-not-activating-wit...

I briefly describe my case here, 

Today I went with my wife to a sprint store so she can add a second line (for me) to her plan and change it to a family plan.

I have an unlocked iPhone 6 from a Canadian carrier called Koodo with model A1866 which is supposed to both works with GSM and CMDA.

Before we start getting the contract at the store, the IMEI was checked and it was confirmed it works on the Sprint network. Thus, we started to activate the sim card but after several tries, phone and network reset, the signal appeared for a second and it changed into no service.

The guy at stored told us he checked everything with the office and they said the phone is registered on the network and he had no idea what is the problem and he told us maybe we should try to go to Apple store and see what is wrong. We went to apple store and after trying Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile SIM cards, Verizon one did not work as well and the guy concluded that the iPhone is GSM only and that's why it does not work!

Then we went back to the sprint store and unfortunately canceled the second line.

I still don't believe its the case since its A1866 and it contains both GSM and CDMA support, I read online it might be the case the IMEI is not properly registered on the Sprint network. 

Could anyone help on this matter?!

I have read the forums and it seems a click IT ticket might help to manually reintroduce IMEI to the sprint system even it exists.

Any suggestion from the community is appreciated as well!

I and my wife really enjoy Sprint and I do not want to get a separate contract with either AT&T or T-Mobile.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any information.

Thanks a lot!

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked iPhone 6s not activating with sprint (From Koodo a Canadian Carrier)

I have the same problem with my unlocked iPhone SE.  I get Sprint signal for a few seconds after restart then "no signal".  My phone is already activated according to the message "activation is completed".  Phone's imei is shown to be eligible for BYOD according to Sprint website.  After 2 visit to the store and many hours on phone with Sprint tech support trying to figure it out, I'm just about give up.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocked iPhone 6s not activating with sprint (From Koodo a Canadian Carrier)

Good morning guys! Unfortunately, the version A1866 is not supported by Sprint. We only support the following models:

• A1688 - Sprint  & Verizon Model Number
  • A1633 - AT&T Model Number
  • A1688 - T-Mobile Model Number

Hey @stinkytofu, do you have any of the model listed above?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is not an iPhone 6s.

Mine is an iPhone SE with model number 1662

Highlighted
Journeyman

HI Jeffry,

Mine is a A1688, so you mean it does not only matter if it A6188, it should be from Sprint and Verizon? Unlocked 6s model A1688 from Canada would not work even with same model number?
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

You shouldn't have any issues with yours. Can you please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so that I can take a look at the towers around you?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@He5aM, you mentioned on your post that you have the version A1866.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

We tested it at Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA, 01803. Two days ago and finally canceled the contract.

Last night I made a click it ticket to manually add IMEI number to sprint database with help of technical support via phone. The iPhone 6s shows now under the family plan and hopefully, it's completely registered in the network.
I am going to store today to get a sim card and finalize activation today and I hope it works.
Highlighted
Journeyman

it was a miss type, the model is A1688, sorry about that!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Oh great! It looks like the right process was follow so you shouldn't have any problem and if you do, let us know.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@jeff
My iPhone SE is model number 1662. I've test it Arden mall near Arden road, 95825
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

The version of your iPhone does not support band 41 and I was able to see that most of the towers in that area operate on this band so the performance might be impacted.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.