cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 7

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocking iPhone 7

Hi @rngs_rlb, I've sent you a private message, please feel free to review your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same problem unlocking my iPhone 7 plus. It's been paid off, no balance on the account, was activate for more than 50 days and every other requirement Sprint imposes. I requested the phone to be unlocked 6 days ago. Still cannot use a domestic or international SIM card in the device. 

Sprint, how can you resolve this problem?

Sprint Social Care

Hello devafri, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem. I've chatted with multiple people. I've paid my bill. I've been on hold for half an hour and all I want is to have my iphone unlocked. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello shensen1, I'd like to review this, I have sent you a Private Message, please reply when you have a chance.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am currently going through the same issue I have a zero balance I am still in active subscriber to Sprint and I’m getting the runaround to unlock the phone that I purchased and I own Sprint has given me a very bad taste in my mouth nothing but deceit

Journeyman

Did you ever get your phone unlocked I’m currently going through the same issues Sprint sucks

Sprint Social Care

Hi Stevenbrianh, we'd like to take a look into this for you. I'll send you a private message for further assistance.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Seems like this issue is huge, but fixable by some experienced agents. I recently switched from Sprint to T-mobile. 4 lines. 3 of the lines were successfully unlocked and work fine. (Two iPhone 7's and one iPhone 8.)  The 4th line (iPhone 7) is not unlocked. Hours on the phone, multiple agents, multiple supervisors, and I'm getting nowhere. They say repeatedly that the  phone is unlocked. I have multiple emails that state this as well. And yet...the phone will NOT accept any other sim card except Sprint's. Called Apple and they verified by IMEI that the phone is, indeed, locked. Course, Sprint deactivated the line. Multiple network resets, a factory reset, PRL updates, etc., etc., etc. NOTHING WORKS. I'm out of ideas.   PLEASE PLEASE help me!

Sprint Social Care

Hey jtclat, I have sent you a Private Message, please review it at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking iPhone 7

I am having issues with unlocking an iPhone 7 that is completely paid off and in good standing as well.  After several calls, Customer Service Reps, and even going to the store I am very very disappointed and frustrated with the way everything is being handled. 

Bought a phone from an acquaintance, who completely paid it off and since has left sprint as a customer.  Clean IMEI and iCloud. Turns out the phone was defective and Apple replaced it with a new phone but it relocked the phone to Sprint.  I was considering becoming a Sprint customer once my current contract ended with my carrier, but I am severely disappointed with Sprint Support so far and will most likely renew my current contract. 

* It is my understanding the according CTIA it is mandatory by Federal Law that any phone that fully paid off and in good standing must be unlocked after 2015.

Sprint Social Care

Hello JBronco. Even if the phone has been paid off and in good standing, there are some other requirements that it needs to meet to be eligible for unlocking. Here you can find more information about our unlock policy www.sprint.com/unlock . I will be happy to see what can be done regarding this matter. I'll be sending you a Private Message, please reply back when you can. 

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.