cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow data and dropped calls

Journeyman

Very slow data and dropped calls

Upgraded from s7 to s10e. Ive had the phone for a month now. So far ive been having issues with very slow data, dropped calls and text messages not sending even when i have bars showing LTE. It happens in random spots all day. Ive never had a data or phone service issue with the s7. I had data and a signal anywhere. Was the best signal ever so i stuck with sprint for that reason. Ive talked to tech support, been back to the store and did all the updates including disable band 41, prl resets, even took sim out and wiped it. I am very frustrated. I pay way to much to not have service especially in places that were never a problem before. Im on flex lease plan and considering opting out for different carrier as it seems it might be last option. Im in Northern Indiana.

100 REPLIES 100
GrandMaster

Re: Very slow data and dropped calls

any other Sprint phones around you? and if so are they seeing the same thing in the same places or no?

and by chance do you have insurance on the phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi There,

I see we've done a little troubleshooting with you. Take a minute and read through our latest post : https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model-Roam...

Journeyman

No, no other sprint phones around. I thought maybe it was the device at one point, went back to the store and they said its on sprints end and an update was being put out to solve the issue because many sprint customers wih the new s10 was having same issues. They turned on my voLte, but the icon disappears after using wifi and stays off for a day or two, which didnt help the slow data anyway and only helps dropped calls when its on. 

Journeyman

Yes, i got insurance on phone with flex lease plan.

Journeyman

Justt tried updating everything again. We'll see what happens

GrandMaster

yeah i didnt want to jump the gun since i knew the S10/10+ models were running into this..this would be the first 10E that has reported this that i have came across though so far.

yeah Samsung/Sprint is currently working on this one for sure.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Everything is updated on the device. It shows that i got a connection with LTE and plenty of bars, but i still have dropped calls and slow data in areas that i shouldnt. It seems as if when i use wifi then turn it off i lose volte icon and go back to slow data. My volte is enabled but the icon isnt on in the notification bar at top. Should i try to exchange the device? It past my 14 day mark of returns.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I hear ya tsexton17, if I was paying for a phone like that I'd want it to work correctly also. We've seen a few reports like this over the past few weeks. I'll be more than happy to check into this for you. 

I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Yea, that update didnt do anything for me either. Still having dropped calls tried tech support again, went through all the resets and updates again . It fixed my dropoed calls for now again, but now im back to slow data, again. Its either dropoed calls and have data or have calks and no data, i dont get both i guess.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy tsexton17. The s10 phones are exchangeable, and Sprint has a policy in place for every customer. If your phone was purchased through Sprint, either by phone, website, or store, the following policy is in effect. 

* If the customer has Sprint Complete the exchange is $0
* If the customer doesn't have Sprint Complete an exchange is still allowed, under normal circumstances this wouldn't be an option but given the shenanigans with these phones we've tried to make sure everyone is covered, for $75. 
* If the phone was purchased outside of Sprint's sales channels, then that customer will need to use the 1 yr limited warranty provided by Samsung. This maybe an option for Sprint customers that don't want to pay the $75. 

Please let me know which category you are in tsexton17, so I may best assist

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I think i have sprint complete, there should be no reason that i should have to pay anything for an exchange. This is a 900 dollar phone, ive not missed a payment with sprint for 3 years, its not my fault i have faulty service or phone.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.