cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus Unlocked but still "SIM not Supported"

Journeyman

iPhone 6S Plus Unlocked but still "SIM not Supported"

I requested and got the email that my iPhone 6S Plus was successfully unlocked. However its still showing the "SIM not supported" message when trying a T-mobile SIM. I can see LTE bars from T-Mobile, so the network is connecting. The Activation just won't complete. 

My Sprint account is closed, the Balance is paid off, the contract is complete. So everything should be clear.

Please help Sprint Moderators! 

36 REPLIES 36
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6S Plus Unlocked but still "SIM not Supported"

Hello brittonjo. As you will be able to see in our unlock policy by clicking here, unlocking a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities, which means that the device will not fully work with another wireless provider.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I understand you cannot guarantee it to work with all Carriers. I'm trying it on a Carrier network that lists this model as a supported phone. I have done this with an old Sprint iPhone 5C and it works fine. 

The message specifically states that it is not a hardware limitation of the phone. 

The message reads. 

"The Sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supprotedunder the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier.please contact apple for more information." 

My understanding of this message is that the iPhone thinks it is still locked to Sprint even though Sprint says they have unlocked it. So can the unlock be done again?

Wizard

@brittonjo,

We could take a look at your device to make sure that is unlocked. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am actually having this exact issue. Everything word for word has been 100% identical. Could you please help.

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care

Hey @Venom24x, this seems like something that needs to be reviewed. I will send you a private message for further assistance.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am also having the same issues as those above. Is this a pretty common issue with unlocking iPhones?

Sprint Social Care

Every situation is different @McGingersnap. I can take a look at yours to see if we can find out what's going on.

Visit sprint.com/unlock to learn more about our unlock policy.

I'll send you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a chance.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same problem with my 3 6S iPhones. Been on calls to Sprint numerous times. Spent hours trying to resolve this. I have been to multiple Sprint stores, including corporate. Same with Verizon. Sprint says they are unlocked, but when entering a Verizon SIM I get the same messages they are getting. Sprint says they’re unlocked and the problem is with Verizon. Verizon says the problem is with Sprint. I believe it is Sprint.

Wizard

I definitely understand where you are coming from, you've come to the right place. I believe I know what the issue is, lets get over to private message so I can get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I am having the same issue as everyone here and was wondering if I could get some help

Wizard

I can look into this for you. Can I have the IMEI of the phone please?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.