cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 promotion not honored

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 8 promotion not honored

Last September, I went in to change my data plan and the store told me that because I have 3 iPhone 7’s, I could upgrade them all to iPhone 8’s and receive a $29.17 credit per month per phone.  They said the credits would show up within 2-3 billing cycles.

i upgraded to the 8’s only because of the better credit promotion.  I was already receiving a $15 per phone per month with the 7’s, but I would be getting a newer phone and saving almost $45 per month, right?

i have yet to see this credit.  I have spoken with a sprint numerous times and have been in the store at least 3 times, with them telling me to be patient, that the credits would soon be there.

My latest call with Sprint yesterday resulted in them telling me I had to own the phone to get the upgrade, even though that promotion showed up specifically in my account and said I was eligible, even with the leased 7’s. 

I did contact the store again yesterday, and she not only said they have no record of my promotion, but they didn’t have any sort of promotion like that last fall (which is untrue because Sprint verified this promotion with me that it was from 9/15-10/12/17).

Very disappointing that Sprint will not honor a promotion they placed on my account.  At this point I am wanting to add a 4th phone to my account, but I guess that will happen when I find a new provider.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care

Re: iPhone 8 promotion not honored

Hello @kgtnvols, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We would like to take a look into this. Please check your inbox.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Promotion NOT HONORED!!!!

We purchased new phones 11/5/2017. In that purchase, I chatted online with someone before making that purchase. I have the chat transcript. My decision in making the purchase was based on that chat transcript. In that chat transcript the customer service associate specifically told me we would not lose our loyalty discount. In addition, the promotion said there would be no activation fee.  And there was!  I noticed I was billed something different than I was promised and I did an online chat with someone on 1/1/2018. I was unable to resolve the problem so the person had me call in. I spent a good 2-3 hours working on the phone with about 5 different people that day. The result was that they were supposed to create two cases to deal with the billing problem. I heard NOTHING back.  Then I got a text saying my phone is going to be disconnected.  So I made contact again.  Explaining the whole long story again.  I was told on Feb 12th that if I would pay $40 that the credit of $61.20 would hit my account by Feb 26th ( I have that chat transcript as well) .  I paid it and of course the credit did not.  Here we are again and the problem still not resolved.  I make contact again.  Only to be told they withheld the credit because my account is past due.  It's past due with the amount I am owed.  I am a loyal Sprint Customer of over 22 years.  I have faithfully paid my account ON TIME.  I have it scheduled to pay through my bank.  Imagine that a loyal customer and one that pays on time.   I fully intend to use every social media outlet available to me and newspaper to campaign against this crooked company.  If I can keep someone from making a decision to do business with Sprint, then I will feel at least paid back for the money I am owed.  

Sprint Social Care

Re: Promotion NOT HONORED!!!!

Hello CHERYLSTWOBOYS. This definitely sound like something we need to look into. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 8 promotion not honored

The same thing happened to me.  I tried to resolve it with several hours on phone calls and at the local Sprint store.  They said that I couldn't have 2 promotions, yet they took my iPhone 6 trade in on a phone that I owned.  They did give me some of the cost back, but I am out a phone and $112 that I expected to save on the lease.  I am very upset and disappointed that this poor business practice would be allowed by a company that I had formerly respected.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.