Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE Unlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone SE Unlock

Met all criteria from Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-Unlocks

Even paying $2 claimed to be owed from previous owner (before completing our transaction) and "BEING ASSURED BY SPRINT AGENT THAT PHONE WOULD BE UNLOCKED!!!|

It seems that Sprint, thinks this to be a game -- where they provide assurance, upon which a transaction is completed -- AND THEN THEY DO NOT DO AS COMMITTED

From reading related posts -- it appears the helpful people on this site act "behind the scenes" to make-up for the shortfalls in Sprint's Policies, Proceedures, & Attitude toward Customer Service.

Hope someone of you will help me.

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: iPhone SE Unlock

When did you request the unlock? Do you have the Sprint sim in the phone, have it turned on and with wifi on?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone is an iPhone SE (A1723 ... Sprint/T-Mobile/"Global" model)

No SIM  (Not a Sprint Customer & Not Planning To Be a Sprint Customer)

Phone Turned On With Good Persistant Internet Connection

Previous Owner: Lauralee Oros

Highlighted

In order for the unlock to be completed the phone has to have a Sprint sim in it. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not according to:

Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-Unlocks

"If you have an Apple, Sprint may still be able to process an unlock request without the Sprint SIM attached. "

What does Sprint expect someone to do -- buy a Sprint SIM, just to get the unlock which was purportedly supposed to be done automatically ...

I know you are just trying to help -- but the Policies, Procedures, and Customer Service from Sprint is abhorent

Highlighted

Either way, at this point a new signal needs to be sent out in order to complete an unlock. Typically in order for the signal to come through the phone has to have a Sprint SIM in the device in order for it to handshake with the network. iPhones do work a little different and we can try sending out an unlock code without a Sprint SIM in the phone, but we can't guarantee success without the Sprint SIM. If you want to PM me the IMEI of the phone, we can take a look at it and work on getting a new signal out to the device. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone is an iPhone SE (A1723 ... Sprint/T-Mobile/"Global" model)
IMEI: [edited for privacy]
Previous Owner: Lauralee Oros

Highlighted

It looks like the IMEI was blocked from public view. I'll send you a private message to get the IMEI again.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.