cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X, preorder online, or at a retail store?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone X, preorder online, or at a retail store?

The iPhone X is being released on Oct. 27th, at 12:01 am and I'm due an upgrade. Sprint stores open at 10 am. Would it not be too late to preorder the iPhone at a sprint store if they open at 10 am and the preorders start at 12:01 am, assuming there is a huge demand for the phone? (which there will be). What's recommended, preordering online at sprint or apple, or preordering at an Apple or Sprint retail store? Are the preorders even going to be available on Sprint.com at 12:01 am as well? Any help would be appreciated!

26 REPLIES 26
Community Manager

Re: iPhone X, preorder online, or at a retail store?

You're absolutely correct that there will be a huge demand for the device.  Some people find the pre-order process works well for them and some prefer to go to the store but even the pre-order cannot gaurantee that you you will have the phone first thing in the morning, November 3rd.   If you pre-order online you'll be given a shipping range, meaning that your device will be shipped to you between x date and y date.  For the iPhone 8 and 8+ we have been able to meet the goals we set in those shipping date ranges, but it's something to keep in mind. Either way, please come back and tell us what you think of the new phone!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

So, will it be available for pre-order on sprint.com at 12:01am?

Community Manager

12:01 AM Pacific Time, so you'll need to figure that into your calculations.  It's important to note that Pre-ordering puts you at the top of the list for receiving your new phone, but does not guarantee you'll receive it the day of launch.  You should receive an order confirmation that will give you an expected date range for your order to be shipped.  Barring complications or back-orders, your phone should be shipped sometime within that range.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Can anyone tell me if I must pre-order the I-Phone X through Sprint in order to take advantage of the I-Phone for life/Sprint flex financing? From reviewing apple's site it appears this option is not available. I am seeing only full pay and a 2 year contract available for Sprint users. It does appear you can pre-order through Best Buy with Sprint Flex. If not has anyone had positive feedback with pre-ordering through Sprint? I have upgraded my last 3 iPhone's through apple and since this phone is supposed to sell out in less than an hour i'm just curious if carriers get enough stock to fill their initial pre-orders or if I will be waiting months for the phone. I've never had to wait going through Apple.

Sprint Social Care

Please check the first post from seawolf. As soon as you preorder, you'll be given a shipping range showing the dates when the phone is going to be ship depending on the date you place the order.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My shopping is strictly online I won’t be walking into any store.

Community Manager

Sorry this whole answer has come in little pieces.  I want to be sure I covered it all:

- You can upgrade with the iPhone Forever program through BestBuy or through Sprint (if you are eligible, obviously)

- You cannot upgrade with the iPhone Forever program through Apple.  They have their own financing system and lease program.

Let me know if you have other questions.

SeaWolf

Journeyman

So at 12:01 pacific time if I’m eligible with the iPhone forever plan, I can pre Order the iPhone X off of sprints website?

Journeyman

Still confused. Will you have the phones in Sprint stores on 10/27? And if so, can I purchase one there?

Tags (1)
Community Manager

Pre-orders start 10/27/17 at 12:01 AM Pacific with availability in stores starting November 3rd.

Please see this thread for more information and other questions: iPhone Launch Q and A

SeaWolf

Journeyman

has anyone been able to pre-order the iphone x on sprints website?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.