Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Authorized user" at Apple store...

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

"Authorized user" at Apple store...

Hello,

We have six lines on our Sprint plan. Two of those lines belong to family members living in a different state. They went to upgrade their phones at an Apple store but were turned away because they aren't "authorized users." I spoke with Sprint and (eventually...after problems with the website) added them as authorized delegates via the MySprint section of the website. I was advised by Sprint customer service that this would take care of the problem.

The next day, they returned to the same Apple store. Once again, they were turned away. I sent a screenshot showing that they were authorized to make purchases. They also had a printout from the Sprint store located nearby. 

I called Sprint again. They informed me that this was an Apple issue and that there is nothing that they can do.

I called the Apple store. They said that Sprint is the only carrier that they deal with that requires the owner of the account to be present for any purchases or changes on the account. They explained that there is no way around it unless Sprint changes their requirement.

What is the truth?

It makes no sense that someone on our account -- authorized by us -- cannot get a new device. Sprint and/or Apple should be aware that many families are split up by distance. Children go away for college, family members travel, etc. How is it that someone on our plan with our permission cannot get a new device without having to force us to go through so many hurdles or engage with yet another wild goose chase? 

BTW, we don't want to buy at a Sprint corporate store. We want to buy directly through Apple. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: "Authorized user" at Apple store...

I'm sorry for the confusion and multiple phone calls @JESUS_MA, I can totally understand why you're upset.  To be very clear: the authorized in-store delegate permission set applies only to purchases made at a Sprint corporate store, not a 3rd party store like Best Buy or Apple. 

I'll certainly take the feedback you received from Apple and pass it on to see if there may be a way to authorize delegates in 3rd party locations like Apple in the future.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: "Authorized user" at Apple store...

I'm sorry for the confusion and multiple phone calls @JESUS_MA, I can totally understand why you're upset.  To be very clear: the authorized in-store delegate permission set applies only to purchases made at a Sprint corporate store, not a 3rd party store like Best Buy or Apple. 

I'll certainly take the feedback you received from Apple and pass it on to see if there may be a way to authorize delegates in 3rd party locations like Apple in the future.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.