cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request iphone 6s+ domestic unlock

Journeyman

request iphone 6s+ domestic unlock

I bought this phone on ebay and been using it on Tello for 9 months, is it eligible for domestic sim unlock ? thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: request iphone 6s+ domestic unlock

Hey Sean, are you going to be moving over to Sprint as a new customer or are you going to be staying with Tello? If you're staying with Tello, they would be responsible for the unlock and might have their own rules surrounding unlock qualifications. 

If you're coming over to Sprint, I dropped a link below concerning unlocks with us. So long as you've met the requirements listed, you'll be in good shape. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Articles/SOLUTION-Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-U...

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thanks for replying. Tello only do temporary inernational unlocking,besides they contact sprint for that. I want to unlock so i can bring it over to xfinitymobile because i just sign up for their internet service. Well i guess the only way to have this phone unlock is to start a service directly with sprint right ? 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey Sean, you shouldn't have to move to Sprint just to unlock your phone when you are clearly trying to get your internet/phone service bundled with xfinitymobile. Your existing carrier should be able to handle that for you since you are their customer. If they can do temporary international unlocks, they should be able to help you do a domestic unlock on your phone so that you can port to xfinitymobile. However, I would would strongly urge reaching out to Tello and xfinitymobile to assist since we can't speak to either of the other company's policies. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.