cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returned lease phone and was charged a damage fee that was above the buyout price.

Journeyman

returned lease phone and was charged a damage fee that was above the buyout price.

i returned a leased phone instead of buying it.  Buyout price was $82.  send the phone back and was told the screen was cracked and would be charged a damage fee of $129.  First question, when I sent back the phone, screen was not cracked.  There was some scratches on the corners plastic area but not the screen.  How do I get proof that the screen was cracked?  What if the damage was in transport or some Sprint employee drop a heavy object on the package while inspecting it?  Not saying that Sprint would say it was cracked when it was not but who's to blame for the cracked screen?  Second, why would the damage fee be higher than the buyout price?  Third, let's say screen was cracked, it doesn't cost $129 dollars to fix the screen.  Last, if Sprint say the damage fee is now the same as my buyout price...why would I return the phone?  I would just pay the buyout price and have a phone I could use, give to a friend, or sell for cheap say $20.  Is there a way to get my phone back?  doubt it

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: returned lease phone and was charged a damage fee that was above the buyout price.

Good Morning Chichi503! Thank you for coming here to let us know about your situation. I would like to take a look into your account before we go over possibilities of what might have happened and pricing. I am sending a private message to gather just a little more info from you.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.