Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint has a major fraud problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint has a major fraud problem

found out someone was allowed to add 5 new iPhone to my account without my authorization at all. Now I am suppose to wait for the fraud department. What about sending notifications when phones are added or bought with your active account? Why do I need to wait for these phones to be removed from my account. Been with sprint almost 20 years now and this is the first thing that has happened that makes we want to leave their services.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: sprint has a major fraud problem

SHOOKSIE69, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

If there is an open fraud case investigation it will be reviewed within 30 days and you will be contacted and provided an explanation of findings by one of our representatives.

We can also take a look at your account and check the status of your case. Please reply to the private message I sent you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Same thing has happened to me.  They took all of the charges for the phones off, but just billed my credit card $1864 for cancelling a lease for those fraud devices.  I have spent over 10 hours on the phone on hold and in stores trying to get this resolved.  Total BS.

Journeyman

I too had a recently had two phones ordered under my account which i was able to catch. Not only did they order new phones, two of my phones on my account, had their phone numbers forwarded to another phone, so i was unable to receive phone calls. When i called sprint, it took them 3 representatives and a supervisor to assist me plus 1.5 hours. I had to ask the right questions in order to get the issues resolved. Just yesterday, Feb 27, was i able to find out why i was unable to receive phone calls to my phone! The fraud issue happened beginning on the 19, with the start of an address change on my account. When i called sprint's respresentatives, they all seem to have an attitude about me asking about the fraud occurring on my account and i have been with the company for 11 years!!! they seem to be inefficient of what to do when the fraud occurs. The fraud department claimed that they have fixed everything and that all the issues have been solved on as of Feb 22. but i had to go to the sprint store in order to get my phone to receive calls in which the agent was able to find out that the issue was because all my calls were being forwarded to another number!!!!! The nerve of the fraud department to use a condescending tone with me on the phone like it was my fault. She made it apparent that yahoo was the reason for the fraud and that "I" should have known to change my passwords. I also had a supervisor tell me, during the time when i originally called about the issue, that she would resolve the issue and call me back and did not!!!! I had enough of calling so i decided to contact sprint via "Chat." I felt that the issues should have been resolved alot quicker and more efficiently. The lady in the chat had told me of a credit that she offered me and that sprint would further compensate me for the inconvenience. She also sent me the transcripts of the dialogue we had online. When i called the fraud department and sprint customer care, they both argued with me that it was not their fault number one, and number two that the they would honor what was written in the transcript!!!!!! I am guessing this the new culture of sprint that their customer have to embrace if they want to stay with them.

Community News

Community News

Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.