cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocked pixel 3a xl

Journeyman

unlocked pixel 3a xl

I recently had to make a switch from Sprint to Verizon.  Where I live just doesn't get the service I need unfortunately.  I searched online about making sure my phone was unlocked before switching.  I called Sprint the day before, and the day of to double check my phone was unlocked.  I requested the unlock on day 51 of my service.  It was supposedly done on day 54 or 55.  The phone was paid of a week before and my account was in good standing.  I have spoken to so many Sprint customer service reps now that all keep telling me my phone is unlocked.  But it isn't.  I tried a Verizon sim card and it says to contact your carrier to unlock the phone.  I tried wiping the phone including the esim (I never had a physical sim card with sprint), but even when it searches for a network, it can only find Sprint.

Can someone PLEASE contact me about helping me get my phone unlocked.  I followed the Sprint policy and double checked before switching, but am still without a phone.  No one seems to know what to do.  I really cannot afford to buy a new phone.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: unlocked pixel 3a xl

Let's take a look at that. Send me a PM with the IMEI of that phone.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I have had this same issue.  I've spoken with Sprint 7 times in the last two weeks, but no one is able to help.  Please help.

Journeyman

Was your issue resolved?

We'd like to try to help you here. Did they tell you why your phone hasn't been unlocked? Any insights?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I've heard a few different theories.  My first unlock request was submitted on 9/17.  I've spoken with customer service at least 8 times since then.  The first time, they said that it only unlocked for international, so they resubmitted it for domestic.  That didn't resolve the issue.  2 more unlock requests were submitted after that.  Those also failed.  Yesterday they said that there was something special that had to be done to unlock it because it was a Pixel.  They said it would be unlocked within 6 hours.  That didn't work.  Today, someone said that it couldn't be unlocked for other networks which was disappointing but then their supervisor said that it could be unlocked and that it would only take about 30 minutes.  That was not successful either. 

I was reading through the unlock notification email, which says that an Android phone must have a SIM in order for the unlock process to be successful.  My phone does not have an actual SIM card.  It had a virtual SIM, but that was deleted when trouble shooting with someone from Sprint.  Is it possible that the unlock is not taking now because there's no SIM in it?  Do you have any other ideas?  

I believe I can help get this done. Where did you purchase the Pixel, from us or Google?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I purchased it from Sprint.

There is a whole different process to unlock one of these. Can you send me a PM?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.