Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought pre-owned iphone 6s plus from boost mobile website, still locked

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought pre-owned iphone 6s plus from boost mobile website, still locked

Hi, in december of 2019 i bought a pre-owned phone from the Boost Mobile website. Recently i tried to put a new sim card in but i got a message saying the phone did not support my new carrier. I figured out the phone might still be locked. I did not receive and previous account i information as i paid for the phone and never got a plan. Can someone unlock my phone ? 

@Sprint_Ayana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

then contact Boost and see what all you will need to do to get it unlocked.

one for sure thing you will need is a Boost sim card though

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
GrandMaster

which carrier are you trying to add it to? and is it telling you to contact Sprint to unlock it or its just not recognizing the other sim cards?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I'm trying to add it to Optimum's altice cattier. Whenever i insert the new sim it tells me to contact Sprint

Highlighted

I don't know if this helps but this is the message i am receiving.

910D9A6B-3739-46D3-9FEB-2E06CEDDE97E.png

Highlighted

ok so if its telling you to contact Sprint that usually means its still locked to Boost in this case. you will need to contact Boost to see what must be done in order to get it unlocked.

youre positive that other carrier will allow that device into their system correct?

Highlighted

to my knowledge, yes 

Highlighted

then contact Boost and see what all you will need to do to get it unlocked.

one for sure thing you will need is a Boost sim card though

View solution in original post

Highlighted

okay, thanks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat