cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Slate Not Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Clean Slate Not Working

I recently ported my  number form Sprint to AT&T with the understanding my old phone contract would be paid off by the clean slate program. Once I got the old bill I went through the process, but was denied because the bill was not readable. I thought this would be a simple fix, so I got a better picture of the bill and tried to point out the line that showed how much the phone I was paying for at AT&T cost. 

Once I tried to submit it again the website crashed. I went to the sprint support on twitter and they asked me to try a different browser. This worked, but I got the same message about the bill being unreadable. I then tried every other browser I could, but it crashed each time. 

I tried to send the PDF version of the clean slate application to the email provided by sprint, but it said that email no longer existed. 

If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it. I only have a few more days until the 60 day window is up and I really just want to get my money or my old phone back so I do not feel like I just wasted all that money to switch when I was promised by sprint that I would not have to. 

Tags (1)
35 REPLIES 35
Sprint Social Care

Re: Clean Slate Not Working

Hey Joaghn. That's too bad you had al those issues when submitting the bill. Here is what is suppose to happen:

• Clean Slate refers to our offer to cover your switching costs up to $650. The eligible costs include the Install Bill Balance for your previous phone and Early Termination Fees. Your taxes, plan charges or any other charges are not eligible.
  • Bring your mobile number to Sprint and activate on Sprint Lease or 24-Month Installments.
  • Trade in the phone tied to your phone balance or Early Termination Fee.
  • Complete a registration form for each mobile number switched to Sprint within 60 days of switching.
  • We'll send you a Visa prepaid card for your switching cost minus the trade-in credit already provided.
  • Still need to trade in your phone? Go to your nearest Sprint store or sprint.com/buyback to process your trade-in. Once complete, come back to register.

Since I see that you are still having trouble, I would like to help you resolve this issue. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Clean Slate Not Working

I have been trying to submit my final bill for my clean slate reimbursement as I owe att close to $800 but each time I'm being told my bill is not legible. I don't know what is not legible as it looks fine when I review it. Please assist as I am concerned due to these delays I won't get my money back and that would be a bad customer experience and Sprint has been one of my better experiences over the years with the changing of the carriers.

Journeyman

Hello Dmandersen207. Let me take a look into this, I will be sending you a Private Message so we can discuss your account, please reply back as soon as you can.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm also having problems with the clean slate. I've sent it in for a third time now and still have not received a confirmation  or anything. I've been dealing with this for 7 months now.

Journeyman

Hey Mcphearson9217, we'd like to take a closer look into this situation for you. I will send you a private message for further assistance.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have switched over from Verizon and am astonished wih the lack of customer support from Sprint. I was told in the store when we switched that we would get up to $650 for both phones that we switch now online it says we can only get maximum of $550 and no one in the store I’ve talked to can help with the clean slate situation. They just tell me to go to the clean slate site and do it myself. Well the site has issues and has denied my request two times now and it is very frustrating and confusing. If there’s anyone out there that can help please!! 

Hey Alittl10. Wow, it sounds like you have been through a lot. I want you to know that you have come to the right place to get a straight answer. The amount is total and not per line. Before April 6th would be $650. After that date it was changed to $550. Do you have the exact date that you ported over to Sprint?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Hi AnnGee77_Sprint, We switched to Sprint end of March, I do not have the paperwork in front of me but know for sure it was end of March. We were told by the representative in the store that it would be $650 per line, and we clarified this part with her several times before we made the decision because we knew we would owe more than that on both of our phones and were comfortable eating the difference. What we were not told in the store was that after we signed up with Sprint any questions we had regarding this Clean Slate program would have to be taken up with an online rep because they do not handle that in the store. The first time I tried requesting the rebate card the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said he was unable to help because he had no experience with clean slate, and couldn't even direct me to anyone who could help. The second time I put in the information it kicked the first uploaded PDF back because it didnt have my name and account information on. So I uploaded the first page of my verizon bill (the only one with my name and info on it) into the system and again it's been denied saying there is no ETF or Install Bill Balance which is different language from Verizon. Do I need to go to Verizon and request a bill that just has the amount left on our leased phones with my account info on the top, or is there a way with the bill I currently have to upload it into the system and make it understand what information I am giving it? I am sorry to say this whole process has been extremely frustrating and the lack of customer service appalling and I would advise anyone I know to never bother with Sprint as this whole process is not worth the small amount we are saving a month.

It does sound like it has been frustrating for you. My personal experience with this same process, it went really smooth and it does make your story very frustrating. I know that they need to see the ETF or the lease balance due, so if the bill you uploaded wasn't detailed that would have caused it to be rejected. If you can get an itemized bill from Verizon that will help. I'm genuinely sorry that the store gave you that information. The only thing I can think of, is if it was a separate promotion they were running, they would 've taken care of that by now.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

So what you're saying is out of the $1400 I paid Verizon for our phones Sprint is now only willing to rebate us $550? And that is total and not per phone?

Hey hey, I really dug into this and I think I may have found what the store was telling you about. In order to receive up to $550 per line, you had to register each line separately and upload the bill with the right info showing for that line's pay off or installment balance.  Have you already done this?  If not, we might be able to make this work.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat