cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e - Sprint ASDA firmware update availabled

@ray0414 wrote:

what's the code again to turn the bands on and off?

My plan when the note 10 comes out has always been to keep my S10 as a 2nd phone that I use around the house or use strictly on wifi. verizones $250 bring your own device credit/promo basically paid off the $330 I owed on the phone to be able to switch.

@ray0414 wrote:

My plan when the note 10 comes out has always been to keep my S10 as a 2nd phone that I use around the house or use strictly on wifi. verizones $250 bring your own device credit/promo basically paid off the $330 I owed on the phone to be able to switch.

@ray0414 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on the LG V40 ThinQ? It's only $15/mo with Sprint Flex 18-mo Lease right now? Worth swapping out the 10+, or wait for the Note???

GrandMaster

have you ever owned a LG device? if not it might be a bit much change wise for you if you have been a die hard Sammy user..my mom switched up to the V30 i believe and hates it..but shes always been a Sammy user. personally i think Samsung and LG are a bit alike when it comes to things like how they have their settings menus set up..

@AnonAmos wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on the LG V40 ThinQ? It's only $15/mo with Sprint Flex 18-mo Lease right now? Worth swapping out the 10+, or wait for the Note???

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

have you ever owned a LG device? if not it might be a bit much change wise for you if you have been a die hard Sammy user..my mom switched up to the V30 i believe and hates it..but shes always been a Sammy user. personally i think Samsung and LG are a bit alike when it comes to things like how they have their settings menus set up..

@AnonAmos wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

@ray0414 wrote:

I've been a Sammy user since the s2 (s4,s8, now s10+), had the HTC EVO before that. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dont get me started on that original Evo lol..added a bigger battery on mine and the weight alone i could take out a plane with lol.

you might check one of the LGs out..thats pretty much the only similarity i noticed between the Sammys and LG..so at least there is a a bit of something that would be semi familiar lol.

everything else though will be a head scratcher

@AnonAmos wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

I've been a Sammy user since the s2 (s4,s8, now s10+), had the HTC EVO before that. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My S3 still works like a champ...it's running on a barebones custom ROM but has never had any issues. The S10+ might be my last Samsung phone even though I have gotten used to them over the years. The Google Pixel phones are looking fairly nice these days.
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

dont get me started on that original Evo lol..added a bigger battery on mine and the weight alone i could take out a plane with lol.

you might check one of the LGs out..thats pretty much the only similarity i noticed between the Sammys and LG..so at least there is a a bit of something that would be semi familiar lol.

everything else though will be a head scratcher

@AnonAmos wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

I loved my EVO - had that thing rooted and a triple size battery with aftermarket back and silicon case....thing was a brick, but it would last all day and I could swap out. I miss those days. At least the s10+ has decent battery life. Maybe I'll hold out for the Note in August...I had them reset my upgrade eligibility back when this fiasco started. 

Journeyman

My S10+ gets about 9hrs SOT when I'm strictly on wifi..LTE is what brings it down. 

Journeyman

@ray0414 wrote:

My S10+ gets about 9hrs SOT when I'm strictly on wifi..LTE is what brings it down. 

I'm convinced the firmware (possibly even hardware) is still flaky in dealing with LTE/band switching. When I'm at home, my S10+ more or less sits in band 25 the entire time, with strong LTE signal (I always leave mobile data on/active in Developer mode). When I'm at work, my S10+ switches between 25, 26, and 41 quite regularly, as signal in all Sprint bands is decent where I work. However, my S10+ has also flaked out at work much more so than at home. The UI sometimes grinds to a halt (with fast battery drain) and I have to power off holding down volume down + power for 10 seconds. It's annoying but fortunately does not happen often.

Journeyman

Mine is still getting hot at work too with the new phone replacement 

GrandMaster

i have never tried a Pixel/Nexus phone so im pretty tempted to try one out..the last 3 phones i have had have been LGs and though theyre a bit slow when it comes to updates the phones have been pretty solid for me..prior to that i was a HTC fanboy... which when i cant sleep i use my HTC One M9 as my Netflixer lol.

@Ga9978 wrote:
My S3 still works like a champ...it's running on a barebones custom ROM but has never had any issues. The S10+ might be my last Samsung phone even though I have gotten used to them over the years. The Google Pixel phones are looking fairly nice these days.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 Yeah I wanted to try a pixel/nexus to void all the bloatware that comes with most phones these days. I'd have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised at the OneUI that Samsung provided.

I too have had a variety of phones with the last 2 being the LG g3 (lasted 2.5 year before bricking) and LG V20 (loved that wide angle lens) which still works like a champ but wanted an upgrade as it was getting a little slow to handle a ton of things at once...now I'm in this fluster cuck of a disaster. Hopefully the last 2 weeks of my S10+ experience turns into the same experience for the remainder of my term. I saw the LG V40 and while its a nice phone, the whole vein/blood sensor is super gimmicky and after holding the S10 and V40 next to each other...the S10+ just feels so much better in hand. In the event that this 3rd S10+ fails...I'd consider going LG again though, or OnePlus or Nexus/Pixel...or even apple.

GrandMaster

i have had good enough luck with the LGs that i'll try out the G8. that new screen as a speaker deal im really wanting to check out in person.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat