cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e - Sprint ASDA firmware update availabled

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

i have never tried a Pixel/Nexus phone so im pretty tempted to try one out..the last 3 phones i have had have been LGs and though theyre a bit slow when it comes to updates the phones have been pretty solid for me..prior to that i was a HTC fanboy... which when i cant sleep i use my HTC One M9 as my Netflixer lol.

I had a HTC EVO 3D back about 7 years ago when it was their flagship device. It did pretty well but I remember it having some odd issues waking up out of standby mode. The 3D photos were cool though you could only view them in 3D from the phone itself and not anywhere else lol. That was actually the last non-Samsung phone I've had since. I did have a Samsung Intercept when Android phones just started showing up on the market...it was one of the worst, slowest phones I've ever had. The pop-out keyboard was a nice feature but aside from that it would sometimes take several seconds for text to show up on the screen when I was dialing numbers. Receiving calls was bad too...I'd miss calls because the phone was so slow to respond that the call would be gone by the time the device would actually answer. I punted that one so many times in frustration that the pop-out keyboard eventually got stuck, then Sprint replaced it via insurance.

GrandMaster

yeah i remember the 3D... i skipped on that one but had the Evo before it ...i have owned 1.25 Samsung phones..same slide out keyboard type one and then i think it was the S5 or S6...owned it for less than 24 hours and the thing had so many issues i took it right back.

i did a Blog in here when i got the LG G6...first ever Blog by yours truly...pretty positive i compared it to the Flex 2s pure sexiness and the V20 lol.

im still a firm believe the LG Flex 2 was the most eye catching sexiest phone i have come across even up to now. the metallic red just made that bad boy pop...add on the curve it had and BAM!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

These days I just want a phone that is rugged, won't break if I sneeze near it, doesn't get easily scratched up, and is built to last vs. built to overheat and fail. Unfortunately I don't think there are any decent ruggedized phones on the market. They're all built to be like flimsy overly-thin iPhones. That means the manufacturers have to shove a lot into a small footprint. I couldn't care less if my phone was somewhat thicker, had a home button, or was taller to allow the selfie cam to be placed above the screen instead of in it. The device manufacturers are all in a race to boast about the biggest screen in the iPhone form factor. If someone manufactured a phone that had 4x as much RAM, a more powerful CPU, and was thicker/rugged (to fit those more powerful components), shock-proof, water-proof, made of cast iron with a rubberized exterior, I'd be all over that. It would probably cost less too because the designers/engineers could actually focus on performance/reliability vs. thin/flimsy euro-trash designs and making the screen 0.4mm larger than the competitor's. It's ridiculous...I just want my phone to work, last, take some degree of abuse, and the battery to last all day even if I'm constantly roaming. No one makes a phone like that any more. Thin, brittle, overheat-prone, and screen real estate on an iPhone-sized rectangle is what it's all about.

GrandMaster

so far i have been pretty lucky device choice wise..only one i have had break was my original Evo..and that was due to a fellow employee helping it leap off my truck bed rail

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Going through all this myself currently. What would you all say is the best option, go through insurance and try to have Sprint replace it, or just go through Samsung? Talking to the rep through insurance, acting like I'm making stuff up and just trying to get a brand new phone out of them. My phone is brand new, not sure how you are not aware that the S10 plus has only been out for a couple of months... Anyway, they are giving me a run around but offered to send me some temp cheap LG phone while they investigate and see if my phone is really messed up and if they can fix it. Although Sprint has already officially stated that all affected phones can not be fixed and have to be replaced. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Updated-Concerns-with-GS10e-GS...

I just want a working phone that I am still currently paying for...

GrandMaster

a certain test must be done on the device in order to figure out if its one of the affected ones or not. then they can go from there..

Journeyman

If you can get it to a Sprint store w/repair center, at least they should be able to determine if it's defective or not. They can initiate a replacement onsite at the store or refer you to Asurion for an insurance replacement, or possibly Samsung for repair if you bought the S10 retail.
Community Manager

I would go to the store as my first option because they can run the test and go from there.

Asurion is cool, but if you call them, skip the frontline agent and ask for Claims Processing.

You can go the Samsung route, but you will have to send your phone in first and wait for them to return it.  Some folks say they had luck in convincing Samsung to send the replacement out first, but I'm sure there had to escalate up the pecking order to get that done. YMMV

@Jperkins85 wrote:

Going through all this myself currently. What would you all say is the best option, go through insurance and try to have Sprint replace it, or just go through Samsung? Talking to the rep through insurance, acting like I'm making stuff up and just trying to get a brand new phone out of them. My phone is brand new, not sure how you are not aware that the S10 plus has only been out for a couple of months... Anyway, they are giving me a run around but offered to send me some temp cheap LG phone while they investigate and see if my phone is really messed up and if they can fix it. Although Sprint has already officially stated that all affected phones can not be fixed and have to be replaced. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Updated-Concerns-with-GS10e-GS...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

I would go to the store as my first option because they can run the test and go from there.

Asurion is cool, but if you call them, skip the frontline agent and ask for Claims Processing.

You can go the Samsung route, but you will have to send your phone in first and wait for them to return it.  Some folks say they had luck in convincing Samsung to send the replacement out first, but I'm sure there had to escalate up the pecking order to get that done. YMMV

@Jperkins85 wrote:

To my knowledge Samsung isn't sending replacement phones at all unless you are in the 14 (15?) day window. They are replacing the main board so no phone exchanges.

Journeyman

In some cases Samsung is sending S10's back without doing anything. If the issue is anything other than the run-of-the-mill mobile network connectivity problems, they'll return it 10 days later citing that no problems were found. Before going the Samsung repair route, at least give a factory reset or re-flash a try, just in case it fixes the problem(s). Even though those steps involve deleting data/reconfiguring apps/setup, it's much quicker than waiting 14 days without a device.

Journeyman

Finally gave up on Sprint and their promises of replacements (Promised me again in 3 weeks).  Funny how plenty of others here were able to get them sent to them - but after 3 specific promises and 6 weeks later nothing.  Thats fine...I will do what Sprint always wanted me to do which is go to Samsung with this specific phone.   In the meantime my wife and I will look for another carrier who does value our business (it cant be any worse) and I will get this phone fixed with Samsung and maybe give to someone else as some point.  

Added:  Should have mentioned that somewhere along in here 2 weeks ago it was stated that I large batch of S10's had arrived at Sprint and that they would be sent out...I am sure many others got one Smiley Sad

Journeyman

I just finalized my replacement claim with Asurion today. They are sending out a loaner along with the return envelope for the Galaxy. I just need to return the loaner when the new Galaxy arrives. They are claiming around a 5 day turnaround, so we'll see.  No cost by the way, filing the claim was easy. Hopefully the replacement works well, I sure don't intend to go through 3 or 4 phones like some people have. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat