cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Community Manager

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

The first MEGA thread on this subject had to be locked due to a mistake by yours truly.  Many apologies.  Please feel free to use this thread to post your updates, we will also share our latest info here, as we get it.

For now, the most recent info we have: Galaxy S10 LTE Issues

********************************************************************************

4/12/2019 UPDATE: As always, Sprint and Samsung continue to closely monitor concerns about intermittent or total loss of voice or data with the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e handsets.  There will be a software release available on Tuesday, April 16th that will prevent the device from experienceing intermittent voice or data.  Please update as soon as this release becomes available.

********************************************************************************

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

988 REPLIES 988
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

The speedtest theory was a no go. LTE worked great for a bit but just like i thought, it dropped out after about 15 mins for a while so the theory or speedtest maintaining the server connections attention to keep the LTE working is a bust. I guess were at the mercy of the software writers for now

Journeyman

Update for the new thread: Still the same issue as day one.  Band 25 locks in and although showing strong bars, gets zero data/voice.  If I turn off Band 25, Band 41 works fine (although it didn't for a week or so).  Band 26 works, but is slower, and most troubling, often causes the phone to get so hot, it hurts to hold.  I just turn on wifi until it cools, and try it all over again.  It seems the phone is having to work too hard with band 25 turned off.

If I restart the phone, or update the profile and restart, the phone will work great on band 25 for a minute or two, then nothing.  And of course this is all location specific.  At home, I'm usually on band 41, so no issues.  At work, always on band 25, so big issues.  All points in between seem like band 41.  I did take a road trip driving a couple of hours this past weekend.  I could have cooked an egg on my phone as is strained to connect to a tower.

I'm posting this update so that 1) we can keep the discussion on topic, and 2) a written record when I am inevitably told I am outside some return window.

Journeyman

I have the same exact issues. the sprint store told me to contact Samsung since I'm outside the 14 day window to get a replacement. Samsung chat said they can service the phone, but not replace it since I'm outside their 14 day window. I gave up trying to get mine replaced for now.

@DCLonghorn wrote:

Update for the new thread: Still the same issue as day one.  Band 25 locks in and although showing strong bars, gets zero data/voice.  If I turn off Band 25, Band 41 works fine (although it didn't for a week or so).  Band 26 works, but is slower, and most troubling, often causes the phone to get so hot, it hurts to hold.  I just turn on wifi until it cools, and try it all over again.  It seems the phone is having to work too hard with band 25 turned off.

If I restart the phone, or update the profile and restart, the phone will work great on band 25 for a minute or two, then nothing.  And of course this is all location specific.  At home, I'm usually on band 41, so no issues.  At work, always on band 25, so big issues.  All points in between seem like band 41.  I did take a road trip driving a couple of hours this past weekend.  I could have cooked an egg on my phone as is strained to connect to a tower.

I'm posting this update so that 1) we can keep the discussion on topic, and 2) a written record when I am inevitably told I am outside some return window.

GrandMaster

if both of you are on the newest of updates that kicked out last Thursdayish then i recommend following the steps provided in that link and try to get a replacement.

the update has already been pushed out..its pretty much down to what is in the link now if it didnt fix the issue.

i have yet to hear about any other updates about to push to try and fix this after that last update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

After a nearly 2hr chat with CS last night, a new phone on the way. I provided video screengrabs of the band switching in debug mode, which is a constant bounce between 25/26/41 with roaming off & 25/roaming with roaming on. All other fixes have proven fruitless. They cancelled my contract and started a new one. Now I wait...

Journeyman

That's not what I've been told from multiple sprint techs the past few days. They know that update didn't fix the issue and keep saying that another one is being worked on. I know the previous thread said if the update didn't fix your phone it would have to be replaced. But now they're saying replacement isn't a guaranteed fix, and several people on last thread said a new phone was no better  and in some cases worse than their original. 

Journeyman

So fun extra detail to my experience, On Saturday when I went to the Sprint store they charged me a $30+ tax Fee  to swap out my useless phone! I was told before hand sprint would compensate me for both that fee and the 18 days I was unable to use data when they called me back in 2 days. Today when they called I was told best they could do is wave the $30. The fact that I couldn't use the service for 18 days while I was jerked around sent to the sprint store 4 times! and spent multiple hours going through the same troubleshooting over and over!   I truly hope this phone doesn't give me any problems I seriously think the next fix may have to be at another carrier that wants my business! 

Journeyman

Yeah this is really sad and confusing... it took all the excitement away from getting the "all new and shiny" galaxy phone 😞

And yes went out to best buy yesterday and bought a whole new galaxy s10+ unlocked, even different color than what I had, same exact problem... just sad...

GrandMaster

fully up to you..but before jumping i would recommend checking out their site first for like issues...

for example

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/150351

SN555 and a few others that assist over there pop over here from time to time when a larger issue pops up to check and see if its more of a OEM issue compared to a carrier specific issue..i do the reverse as well when a issue starts popping up and cross check.

this isnt carrier specific..its happening to all of them here and there...as well as the unlocked ones..

@STARMAN_622 wrote:

So fun extra detail to my experience, On Saturday when I went to the Sprint store they charged me a $30+ tax Fee  to swap out my useless phone! I was told before hand sprint would compensate me for both that fee and the 18 days I was unable to use data when they called me back in 2 days. Today when they called I was told best they could do is wave the $30. The fact that I couldn't use the service for 18 days while I was jerked around sent to the sprint store 4 times! and spent multiple hours going through the same troubleshooting over and over!   I truly hope this phone doesn't give me any problems I seriously think the next fix may have to be at another carrier that wants my business! 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am working on getting my 3rd unit...ugh.

Journeyman

3rd one? Hope your luck is better at trying to get them to do it. YMMV

My corporate store told me you only get ONE exchange, after that you have to go with manufacture.

Despite I called before going and was told come exchange again. Support told me too etc.

The guy I talked to on phone said he didn't remember talking to me once I got to store.

Guess his boss saying no he didn't want to look bad in front of.

I was told I can send my phone to Samsung and have no phone for 2-4 weeks if I want another replacement.

Never mind driving an hour after calling first.... And calling support back is a joke. I can't do these outsourced call centers anymore. Yes the people have ALWAYS been really nice BUT the quality is so sub-par.

20+ years with Sprint and I maybe call every 2-3 years unless crazy stuff like this or changing plans but I can tell you it's tanked.

The finger pointing is funny too. Samsung says Sprint, Sprint says Samsung. They both need to accept it's BOTH. Samsung makes it BUT Sprint certified the device AND the firmware for them. That tells me the ball was dropped on testing etc.

Be careful calling too. Some reps are trying to push third party apps and what not. I came from the industry myself so know what not to fall for. And it's nice being asked about adding a tablet every time I call LOL. If my phone can't work why would I want more devices??

I need to stop paying for my Galaxy watch service since it has useless LTE even. Shouldn't we get a discount on that too? Smiley Tongue

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat