cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

agreed..just make sure to back it up via wifi to make sure you dont miss anything so the swap goes a bit easier.

if its a unlocked S10 though direct from Sammy Sprint will need to add it into their database..so it might take a bit.

@JBNYC9 wrote:
I know this constant searching for connections has left many devices in a state of overheating. I'd say if you've noticed the heat, especially on the left side, where the motherboard is located, I'd swap it out. We don't know what affect this has had on the life of the motherboard. It's annoying to set up a new phone again so soon but, IMHO, I'd take the chance to start fresh.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It was sent by sprint.  My issue is that in certain areas my coverage is really bad and I have no service...whereas with the past 25 phones my family has had, there has been no problem...but at work indowntown Tampa, I am blazing fast.   

I think I am just going to hold for 5 days and claim I was out of town and couldnt activate.  Let's see what happens...

GrandMaster

k so here is the weird part...for most they get no blazing speeds..just no speeds or a crawl only...you might not be affected by this..are there any other non S10's around you? and if so they are seeing the same things or are they working correctly?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes gradually fixing one carrier at a time makes sense actually...
also i will be hanging out with a friend later today who has AT&T, i will try and put his SIM card in my phone and see what happens... ive tried it before and it was having the same problems as Sprint.. so ill try it today again after this update...
i will post my update later when i find out
Tags (1)
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

k so here is the weird part...for most they get no blazing speeds..just no speeds or a crawl only...you might not be affected by this..are there any other non S10's around you? and if so they are seeing the same things or are they working correctly?

My family has 3 iPhones.  Where I have no service, they have service.

Journeyman

I held on to my trade in 7 days. I seen it somewhere the timeline, I wanna say in order conf email or when I logged in to my account under status
Journeyman

Don't know if the person is talking about the correct update, but someone who has T-Mobile is claiming on the Samsung thread that they received an update today and all is working well 

Journeyman

@shamrock505 wrote:

Don't know if the person is talking about the correct update, but someone who has T-Mobile is claiming on the Samsung thread that they received an update today and all is working well 

I don't see it on the servers yet for TMB. I'm betting they have an unlocked model on them who JUST got the March update (as ASD3). We had that already as ASC8. I'm running ASD3 on a Sprint locked one with the issue still though...

The issue hopefully is fixed in the patch containing April. I've heard the modem may have some updates. So wondering if some of Sammy not saying much is because they also had to involve Qualcomm which can really make this a fun finger pointing game LOL

One public spot if you ever want to check versions without asking others (for S10):

Sprint - http://fota-cloud-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/SPR/SM-G973U/version.xml

Unlocked - http://fota-cloud-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/XAR/SM-G973U1/version.xml

You can see T-Mobiles here to compare:

T-Mobile - http://fota-cloud-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/TMB/SM-G973U/version.xml

You can see upcoming builds generally too but with these recent models they started encoding the build data but you'd basically change the end url to version.test.xml

I'd say lets not continue this talk here anymore though as it's going to be beyond scope of this forum but just wanted to share a way folks could see versions that are live.

Journeyman

Just in case not everyone has seen this on Sprint community by the Admin Screenshot_20190412-222920_Chrome.jpg

Journeyman

Good to know. My 2nd S10+ was working flawlessly everywhere I went. This was with the ASC8 or whatever update. The update didn't "fix" anything as it worked fine without it, but it didn't break anything either.

Then on Friday I noticed that at work I was suddenly roaming again. Then in an area near home I was roaming...the fear/anger sunk in...updated PRL, Profile, software etc...

Got to work this morning...still roaming. Whereas the previous few weeks I had full LTE. I'm chalking it up to sprint still messing with the software/towers. Still annoying though especially now that I'm out of my return window.

Hopefully this new patch fixes any and all problems.

EDIT: I performed the ##72786# update and it put my back on LTE at work. Not sure why this was necessary but so far it has worked. I'll update should it revert back to roaming again.

EDIT 2: LTE for a little bit...but back to roaming. =/

Journeyman

This new update coming out on the 16th, is it going to be pushed out to the unlocked version on Sprint network or only the Sprint version?

That one update that came out on the 27th last month never made it to me... im using an unlocked version...

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Unlocked S10 got ASD3 last week which is a week newer than the Sprint ASC8 and includes the same changes.

Do a manual check, if you don't get it that way you can use the Samsung software on computer to update if you want but it's on the live OTA server.

You're not going to see the unlocked one get April probably till similar delay though... They like to give the providers time to certify on locked devices first to make sure no issues reported which means unlocked gets it last generally.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat