cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Journeyman

Re: S10+ won't stay connected to LTE

phone still isn't 100% what my s8 was...different parts of the Phoenix metro area and LTE just doesn't kick in. Also not on a "supported" Android version, but I really don't feel like having to go into a store to get my phone flashed and re-install everything. I'm on my 4th device at this point, so I'll probably just wait for the Note or the s11...this whole thing has been a royal pain...I blame mostly Samsung.

Journeyman

@AnonAmos...You're a lot more tolerant than I am. My first S10+ died 3 weeks after activation...warmed up inside my pocket, powered off on its own, then never powered on again. If my second S10+ failed in the same manner, I'd be done with Samsung. I'd have no trust in the device (my trust in the S10+ I have now is shaky at best) and would've been shopping for another type/brand of device. To have 3 fail and be on a 4th is insane!

Journeyman

@Ga9978 Yeah I agree...I'm on my 3rd and my confidence in this device isnt near what it should be. I shouldnt have to worry at all. In all likelihood I'll keep this until I can swap in 9ish months to another device. Who knows. Granted if it survives the 9 months...maybe I'll just keep it. It works fine in San Diego now. No more roaming nonsense. 

Journeyman

The only notable problem I see with my current S10+ is that the UI sometimes bogs down to the point where I have to either volume down + power to kill the device or restart it (if the UI is usable). Happens very infrequently though, usually after a reboot.
Journeyman

I finally after way too much trouble completed a claim for a replacement device with Asurion. It should arrive tomorrow. Hoping I get a little lucky and this one works! I can't  believe some of you are on your 3rd and even 4th device!  I've stuck with the Galaxy line of phones since the Galaxy 3 but I'm seriously rethinking that after having so many issues!  The last model that was completely trouble free for me was the Galaxy 7.

Journeyman

My replacement S10+ with the "non-supported firmware" that seemed to be working great for a while, is now giving all kinds of LTE problems again.

Ugh.  Has there been any progress made on a permanent fix?  I've not looked into this for a couple months, but also don't see any recent new threads on the subject.

Eph

Journeyman

My husband had to send his phone back to Samsung and they replaced the motherboard. Has great LTE now. He had nothing with Sprint and Verizon when we switched. But now it's all good. Sorry to hear people are still having problems.

Journeyman

After months of limping my original pre-ordered along with the promise of an update fixing it, I finally got sprint to replace it.  Note I do not and will not pay for their insurance.  They still replaced it for free because as I told the rep, this is a factory issue and not an "oops I broke it" issue.  I should not and will not pay to have it replaced.   The lady didn't argue and in fact was very nice about it. Placed the order and 2 days later I had a refurbished phone... corners were a little scuffed but honestly had it worked, I wouldn't have cared, have a case anyway.  Unfortunately it was clear within days of using it while working (I drive for a living), it was merely just slightly better then the old one.  Still very unstable LTE unless bands weren't  on  disabled.  

Called sprint again and again explained to them what was going on.  This guy wanted to troubleshoot it until I ran down the list of what i had already done.  Then he wanted to make some stink about the insurance thing but again I refused that.  Week later they sent me another phone.  So far seems better, it at least works on all bands but still don't think I have the speed I should have. 

Journeyman

I'm still using the original replacement phone myself. So on phone number 2 which is better than some people. I have had issues, eventually I got everything working well enough to be tolerable but only after Sprint told me any replacement would have to go through their insurance. Since Sprint wouldn't replace it again I figured I'd  deal with it as I will never again deal with that insurance crap, what a holy nightmare that was!   

I didn't have the connection issues at least, just freezing to the point of being unusable. Fortunately a factory reset seemed to fix it. A bit of a bother but it's working at least well enough to deal with. I do notice while I at least have a pretty stable connection it's also frequently way slower than it ought to be.  Pretty much stinks when I am away from wifi and relying on the cellular network

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

I got my S10+ the day it came out (unfortunately)...after that first update I never got any data connection  (lte: esm - x emm - 13 apn -x.ispn) and it did all sorts of crazy things.  I spoke to support online, on the phone and in the store and the store opted to replace it under the current direction they had been giving.  That said after having the 2nd one for a few short months it too started doing the same stupid stuff...with the same errors and some even more entertaining strange things where the Always on display would in part disappear, but it varied what part of it would just disappear.  So, I went straight back into the store and the techs decided the 2nd one had to have been part of the same phones that were having all of the issues and they ordered a replacement again...my 3rd one since April.  After all of that I have had this one about 2.5 weeks and it just started the same craziness...any ideas what I do now after I am now on the 3rd phone with the same issues.  This is full on ridiculous. I wish I had my 9+ still.

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

My replacement had been working fine until I downloaded the latest software update last Friday. Now back to the same data loss issues. Will be calling Sprint again when I get back from vacation. 

Journeyman

@smcginnis3023 wrote:

After months of limping my original pre-ordered along with the promise of an update fixing it, I finally got sprint to replace it.  Note I do not and will not pay for their insurance.  They still replaced it for free because as I told the rep, this is a factory issue and not an "oops I broke it" issue.  I should not and will not pay to have it replaced.   The lady didn't argue and in fact was very nice about it. Placed the order and 2 days later I had a refurbished phone... corners were a little scuffed but honestly had it worked, I wouldn't have cared, have a case anyway.  Unfortunately it was clear within days of using it while working (I drive for a living), it was merely just slightly better then the old one.  Still very unstable LTE unless bands weren't  on  disabled.  

Called sprint again and again explained to them what was going on.  This guy wanted to troubleshoot it until I ran down the list of what i had already done.  Then he wanted to make some stink about the insurance thing but again I refused that.  Week later they sent me another phone.  So far seems better, it at least works on all bands but still don't think I have the speed I should have. 

Update: After having been sent 3 different phones with the same problem I gave up.  Went to my local corporate store where they reset my upgrade and got me a note 9.  

Have had it for 2 weeks now,  not one issue on any band and in fact I can hit nearly the same speeds as my wifi at home! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat