cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e - Sprint ASDA firmware update availabled

are you still trying to use the call in/chat agents to send you a replacement device?

@marcghi11 wrote:

Finally gave up on Sprint and their promises of replacements (Promised me again in 3 weeks).  Funny how plenty of others here were able to get them sent to them - but after 3 specific promises and 6 weeks later nothing.  Thats fine...I will do what Sprint always wanted me to do which is go to Samsung with this specific phone.   In the meantime my wife and I will look for another carrier who does value our business (it cant be any worse) and I will get this phone fixed with Samsung and maybe give to someone else as some point.  

Added:  Should have mentioned that somewhere along in here 2 weeks ago it was stated that I large batch of S10's had arrived at Sprint and that they would be sent out...I am sure many others got one Smiley Sad

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

are you still trying to use the call in/chat agents to send you a replacement device?

That's a great point...if you contact Sprint through chat or their customer care number, you will reach their offshore support. Offshore is awful...they'll pull things out of thin air and take zero action.

And I agree with not going through a 3 or 4 phone replacement...if my 2nd S10+ dies, that's it, I'm done. No more Samsung. It'll take a lot of convincing to get me to upgrade to a S11 next year...the Pixel is looking better every month.

Journeyman

For those who've had their S10's replaced multiple times...I'd question why keep going with the S10 if it simply won't work, whether it has to do with coverage in your area or some other unknown factor. It's not worth the down time and you can't really blame the carrier if other phones aren't having issues. Samsung blew it with the Note 7 a few years ago, and ceased production just 5 months after it was released. Who knows, maybe the S10 is headed in the same direction, though less likely if it's not catching fire and causing a safety hazard. The fact is that the S10 is having similar issues regardless of the carrier...several of my coworkers are with other carriers and have gone through replacements. The carriers end up in a tough spot because a defective device prevents their customers from using their service, and they end up taking the blame even though they're not manufacturing defective devices. Samsung is ultimately to blame.

The liability became a huge issue with the Note 7. It was easiest for Samsung to just recall them and cut their losses rather than risking being sued if someone was injured/killed or had their house burn down. If customers are switching carriers because of defective phones, I would imagine the manufacturer would be held liable for that one.

GrandMaster

main reason i brought it up was previously thats how he/she was trying to do it..which isnt one of the ways its being handled.

it must go into a store to be tested before anything else can really be decided on it.

some people might have gotten lucky with calling in or using chat but it isnt how its supposed to be done..cant exactly get mad when that isnt how its supposed to work or be handled.

@Ga9978 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

That's a great point...if you contact Sprint through chat or their customer care number, you will reach their offshore support. Offshore is awful...they'll pull things out of thin air and take zero action.

And I agree with not going through a 3 or 4 phone replacement...if my 2nd S10+ dies, that's it, I'm done. No more Samsung. It'll take a lot of convincing to get me to upgrade to a S11 next year...the Pixel is looking better every month.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

main reason i brought it up was previously thats how he/she was trying to do it..which isnt one of the ways its being handled.

it must go into a store to be tested before anything else can really be decided on it.

some people might have gotten lucky with calling in or using chat but it isnt how its supposed to be done..cant exactly get mad when that isnt how its supposed to work or be handled.

@Ga9978 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

I am not mad - I am just done.

Its not my job to run the thru the byzantine channels of Sprint to figure out how to take care of the issue.  I have done "EVERYTHING" Sprint has stated thru many different channels to take care of the issue and have been very patient.  If someone thru a Sprint channel tells me something I shouldn't have to figure out if they are competent enough to do it or not.   I now understand and will try something new.  It may or may not be better...but it cant be worse. 

Journeyman

@marcghi11 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

@Ga9978 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

I am not mad - I am just done.

Its not my job to run the thru the byzantine channels of Sprint to figure out how to take care of the issue.  I have done "EVERYTHING" Sprint has stated thru many different channels to take care of the issue and have been very patient.  If someone thru a Sprint channel tells me something I shouldn't have to figure out if they are competent enough to do it or not.   I now understand and will try something new.  It may or may not be better...but it cant be worse. 

Agreed.

I only got resolution once I contacted the Executive Support Team. I am going to keep this phone until the Note is released, and I'll likely upgrade at that point. My 4th and current s10+, while better, is still having LTE issues, and I'm not going to deal with this for an entire year (8-9 more months). I can last another 3-4 months though. (positive note: I did receive 3 wireless buds out of the deal)

Journeyman

Sent mine to Samsung to get Motherboard replaced, ran all updates.  no more issue since. 

Just make sure you have a temporary phone on hand or borrow one. 

Journeyman

@MiLo8172 wrote:

[Sent mine to Samsung to get Motherboard replaced, ran all updates.  no more issue since. 

Just make sure you have a temporary phone on hand or borrow one. ]

So your problem was the motherboard? U break it We Fix It mentioned maybe the sim card slot which is on the motherboard may be my husbands problems and he hooked up the phone to something and could see all the disconnectivity of data issues and their was a lot from the past 7 days.

Journeyman

Quoted from fireguy......  "main reason i brought it up was previously thats how he/she was trying to do it..which isnt one of the ways its being handled.

some people might have gotten lucky with calling in or using chat but it isnt how its supposed to be done..cant exactly get mad when that isnt how its supposed to work or be handled."

Problem with this is not everybody can have it handled by going to a store! I mean, I suppose I could if I were willing to drive over 200 miles as that's the closest a Sprint corporate store is to me.  So I am stuck dealing with phone calls, online chats and physical mail.  Asurion has been cooperative, I am supposed to be getting a new device at no charge however the loaner they mailed me oddly enough can't be activated on the Sprint network despite being branded with Sprint when I turned it on and saying it's locked to Sprint in the device settings. Weird situation to say the least. So, loaner phone #2 is on the way.  I won't send my defective phone in until I get a loaner that actually works, so this is a bit of an unwanted delay to say the least

Journeyman

Should I update to ASD5? 

This is my second phone, haven't had any issues since I got this new phone from Sprint. My phone keeps reminding me to update to ASD5 but I'm not sure if it will start causing problems. 

Community Manager

You can, but it will immediately update to ASDA since that is the latest version.

@Hexum944 wrote:

Should I update to ASD5? 

This is my second phone, haven't had any issues since I got this new phone from Sprint. My phone keeps reminding me to update to ASD5 but I'm not sure if it will start causing problems. 

Journeyman

@MiLo8172 wrote:

Sent mine to Samsung to get Motherboard replaced, ran all updates.  no more issue since. 

Just make sure you have a temporary phone on hand or borrow one. 

So your phone is still good after motherboard replacement?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat