cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

@Bigtim1919yes!! Same, this is my 3rd device and I have had this one about 2.5 weeks and after that last update...same dumb thing. I have been beyond patient with this mess and now I am at the point of AGGRAVATED.  Sorry to hear so many others still have the same problem, but yes I will be going into the store yet again.  Unfortunately my local store manager and I are on a first name basis like we are old friends now. :<

Journeyman

Re: S10+ won't stay connected to LTE

@smcginnis3023Maybe that is the best solution I have heard yet.  The store I go to is a corporate store also.  I am on number 3 and it just started doing it all over again after the last update a few days ago.  If it persists I am going to inquire on this solution.

Journeyman

I am on my 2nd....Although my connectivity is better I am still getting areas where my wifes S8+ is connected fine where my S10+ isnt.  However in those cases I find if I go to airplane mode and back I usually end up on Band 26 and I am back.

I am just done trying to talk to Sprint and Samsung and will just ride out the storm until the next phone comes out.  Its my opinion that there is some type of issue when the phone is moving from stronger to weaker signals and it isnt switching properly to different bands and just stays on the bad band.  At least that what I basically see.

Journeyman

What update are you all talking about? I've had my 3rd device since May and its been running great. All bands etc. Now are you guys saying the recent update has made your phones unable to get reception/service like the issue at the phones launch??

I JUST installed a software update yesterday or the day before...which is why I ask.

I may or may not go Samsung considering this is fiasco # 2 for me when trying to go with their phones. I had (and loved) my Note 7...had to return it. Enjoyed my LG V20. Now this S10+ thing was obnoxious at launch. Phone is great assuming you have service. Camera takes great photos, phone feels good in hand, snappy and quick CPU. Lesson learned...don't preorder. Gonna start treating it like buying a brand new car....don't. Kinda considering going iPhone next time.

Journeyman

I gave up on my S10+. Had problems for at least 4 months or so. Took it in to get it looked at 3 times, and all 3 times was told my phone is fine. They said more or less that a software update will fix my phone or it could just be due to bad network service.

Having had enough of this crap, I finally caved in and went online and "upgraded my S10+" to a Galaxy A50! Smiley Mad

Had to throw away close to $300 to do this. But the way I see it is, I'll finally have a phone that freakin works! And I'll recoup some of my loss every month due to paying about $31.00 less a month on my bill. 

I got my phone about 2 weeks ago, and surprise surprise!  I now can use my phone to make calls and do anything data wise with it that I was unable to do before!

Journeyman

Yes, the Sprint update pushed August 1st or 2nd is what turned my phone back into an expensive brick again. 

@rich_holm wrote:

What update are you all talking about? I've had my 3rd device since May and its been running great. All bands etc. Now are you guys saying the recent update has made your phones unable to get reception/service like the issue at the phones launch??

I JUST installed a software update yesterday or the day before...which is why I ask.

I may or may not go Samsung considering this is fiasco # 2 for me when trying to go with their phones. I had (and loved) my Note 7...had to return it. Enjoyed my LG V20. Now this S10+ thing was obnoxious at launch. Phone is great assuming you have service. Camera takes great photos, phone feels good in hand, snappy and quick CPU. Lesson learned...don't preorder. Gonna start treating it like buying a brand new car....don't. Kinda considering going iPhone next time.

Journeyman

@Bigtim1919 awww .....thats the update I just installed. Guess I better keep an eye on it. Of course this is right after I removed sprint complete or whatever...guess I still have the samsung warranty...

Journeyman

I'm on my 4th device.

This one is the Asurion replacement. It still gets terrible LTE speeds in many parts of the PHX area, and I constantly have connection issues.

I'm still running the software that came from Asurion, it's not "supported" so I can't update and the phone won't force an OTA update...I'm actually glad for this now since this phone is terrible and sounds like new updates are bricking them again. 

I will be upgrading to either the note 9 or 10, going to see what specials they run after the 10 releases. 

i love my s10+ hardware, the firmware/software/radios are useless on the Sprint network.

Major fail by Samsung and Sprint on how they handles all of this.

Journeyman

My new fun hobby is screenshotting everytime my phone loses all connection I have close to a dozen now, of course my favorite dropped call was during an important conference call for work, pretty sure the competitors will buy out my contract just gotta figure out who has a better plan. 15 years with Sprint down the toilet!     

Journeyman

If you're still dealing with S10's losing mobile network connectivity, get 'em repaired or replaced. If you've already gone through one replacement, I would push hard for a different device. There's no reason to be paying for service you can't use...the downfalls of the S10 root back to Samsung and design/manufacturing defects. I've heard several Sprint reps state that the S10 rollout was one of their worst in recent memory.

Journeyman

yeah, I got sick of dealing with it and have just limped along for the past few months - my Note10+ is arriving today...praying they solved the issues or I may be switching over to Verizon. 

Journeyman

My Note is on it's way ::fingerscrossed::

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat