cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help need my iPhone 8 plus unlock

Journeyman

Help need my iPhone 8 plus unlock

I bought a iPhone 8 plus from offer up from someone and the phone is still tied to Sprint. 

He showed me that the phone was paid off and the phone was in the process of being unlocked. According to Sprint unlocking policy it should automatically get unlocked when it's full paid off. 

I still have his sim that was attached to his account but not active in my possession with his permission.

I have his full name and the phones IMEI number. Please help

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Help need my iPhone 8 plus unlock

Let's go ahead and look into this. If the device is in the process of unlocking, you will need to insert the SIM, connect to WiFi, and leave powered on. This is super important to make sure it receives the signal. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

When showed me that he put the request in 6 days ago and has been using the phone since. So I assume it still connect to the network and should still receive the signal needed to unlock the phone. 

I accepted it assuming the unlock would go through sometime soon but now I am getting worried. 

The Sim is still in the phone connected to WiFi

Is there something that we can do? 

To clarify, is the phone still active on his account?

Journeyman

No he switched from Sprint on 8/11

Have you attempted to do the steps above in the link?

Journeyman

Yes. I tried everything and this fourm is the last choice I got it seems

I posted the link to how to see if the device was properly unlocked. Can you follow those steps for me please? SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

I have followed those instructions. I do know that he only ported out his phone number from the account but he has two other lines still with Sprint. It's just the number tied with the iPhones 8 plus is no longer with sorint

Can you send me a PM with the IMEI please? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat