cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS cannot verify my sprint phone number. Why?

Highlighted
Journeyman

IRS cannot verify my sprint phone number. Why?

Due to covid19 the irs has limited or stopped mailing documents so you have to do everything electronically. I am trying to create an IRS account and the very last step is to verify your phone number however they can's seem to verify my number. this is the error message i get:  "We were unable to verify that this phone number belongs to you with the phone provider. Please double check that your phone number was typed correctly or try a different number." Is there a reason my sprint number cannot be verified. the number is under my account in my name. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: IRS cannot verify my sprint phone number. Why?

The only thing we can do is confirm that the number is under you name or not, Would you like us to do that? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks, but did this already in sprint chat. its in my name. does sprint block the irs from getting my info? also the number is newly in my name did a transfer about 3 weeks ago would this be the reason? even so it is in my name under my account....

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We don't block any info but we do have a 30 day window and most customers leave with-in that period. We with some of our promotions the account need to be active for at least 60 days so yes, it being a new account could be a factor in to why the info is not being populated their end. Here's what, wait until the 60 day mark and once you're still getting that error maybe we can see what we can do from there. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat