cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

No, I don't have the current ticket number, wouldn't matter anyway, as it would only show that an unlocking signal was requested. Or however you word the tickets.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@RTFMA1.

Allow us to verify if there's any ticket number in your account. please reply to the private message I sent you a few minutes ago.

Journeyman

As requested, I waited until today to power off the phone and try inserting different sims. Phone still does not recognize any SIM as being installed except the one from Sprint. Anybody have any additional thoughts or way to get this resolved?
GrandMaster

did you receive any notifications that it was now unlocked?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Of course not, but the phone did reboot itself twice Tuesday morning so I was hopeful...
Journeyman

You are the another person . SPRINT needs to pay more attention on this issue .  Sprint create d a ticket and I am waiting.....  I will let uou know here for any updates.  Hope they can do something . 

The another issue is that you will not be able to add any APN . Please try it and let us know here as well.  This is the another big issue.  Because without having capable adding APN, we will not be able to use other carriers networks even SIM is readable

Journeyman

My understanding is that th once the phone is truly carrier and sim unlocked, and recognizes the new sim, you will be able to add new APN's. If you can't, then the phone is truly NOT sim and carrier unlocked, no matter what Sprint says.
Journeyman

Agree and that is what I was expecting until I face this issue.   

Try it yourself to add APN on LG v20 phone now.  I am pretty sure you will not be even you are told the phone is fully unlocked.  

Welcome to SPRINT LG V20 unlocked issue.  

NO ONE knows what is going on so far . Hope the new ticket has a solution.  I am waiting...... from Sprint

Journeyman

Sprint locks out the APN settings, that's a known fact. Even though their system indicates that they sent the unlock code to the phone, it may have not received it, and therefore truly not unlocked. Sadly, Sprint has chosen to rely on having to send a signal to the phone instead of the more proven method of typing in the code manually. Also, having to wait for the code to be sent, instead of sending it while you are on the phone with them and could verify is absurd to me.
Journeyman

Ok, I think I have an answer. Unfortunately, I have no way of testing it at the moment. It seems as though the phone is actually unlocked, but as long as it is still attached to the Sprint account with an active phone number, you can't insert another sim. Once the phone is removed from the account in one way or another, it will then finish the unlock sequence. Not the behavior I've experienced with other carriers, but makes total sense.
Journeyman

Oh do we need to remove the device from Sprint account? I didn't know . I can try that . That is something I didn't do.  My device is fully unlocked (per Sprint) and still active as I am using it daily.  I can deactivate it today to check.  I have other phone . Hope it works .

Sprint Social Care

Understood @amsguy,

Please let us know the outcome once you try it out.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat