Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Sent. Thanks
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Everyone that has this problem...email me your ESN/MEID ASAP!

Sent.

What are your thoughts/have you found so far?

Community Manager

Tried 2 different unlocking methods and got received 2 different results. Testing one now from an admin tool to see what is going to happen. We will obtain logs on both to see the behavior of the devices.

Journeyman

Finally---- I see progress... Thank you so much, em_will_i_am.
Thanks again
Journeyman

Hopefully we'll see additional progress this week.

Journeyman

So from what I'm hearing, they've made progress with the unlocking, but apparently the APN issue I'm having isn't happening on their recreation.

I've heard that they were able to unlock the v20 using a different method, and at first they couldn't change APN settings, but now even that is fixed. The problem I'm having now is that i am completely unable to change my APN settings at all. There is no option for editing or adding.  I've sent some screen shots showing this, hopefully it'll be addressed.

The unlocking issue should be in the process of being looked at though, from my understanding at this point.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update.  Was wondering what is going on.  This is great to hear that it is in process with good result . 

For the APN issue: try to update profile/Iccid then the edit option will appear again .  But as you know, it will not save.   Oh well I stop here . Don't want to confuse others.  Let's wait ....

Hope they can fix this soon

Highlighted
Community Manager

The one in KC could change the APN settings, but it had to be exact.  If one item was off, it would not save.  The one I have, I cannot change APN.

Journeyman

@amsguy

so I've tried the update profile and that actually locks my phone again from working with the other SIM and makes it so it won't get a signal from any tower but Sprint. The only thing i can do is UICC and then it'll at least do calls and sms, but no data.

Journeyman

Wow .i guess we need to wait . It doesn't mean anything whatever we do.  So many different symptoms .

Thanks for the update

Journeyman

Question:

Is there a corporate PRL open for international roaming that will give us an editable apn?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Good morning. Unfortunately, the apn is not an editable feature on the Sprint network. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat