cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Same issue here. Claimed it has been unlocked. Not actually unlocked.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi j2mv. This thread has been long running with a variety of different issues going on so I want to make sure I know exactly what's going on so we can help you. 

Did you recently request an unlock on your device? If so, did you make sure the device was powered on with the Sprint SIM in the phone while connected to WiFi? 

If you meet all the requirements for the unlock per the link below, shoot me a PM and we can work on checking out your account to see how we can help get this sorted out. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hello Fine Sir, I also need desperate help with this. I have the exact same problem. lg v20, oreo update, UICC is now locked and the sprint unlock codes do me no good. 

Highlighted

Ballin11227, we'll need to get some information from you in private so that we can look into next steps. I'm going to be sending you a PM now. 

Journeyman

sure. Not sure my previous message ever went through. So, here I go again Smiley Happy

I dont have an ICCID or what it was called, that just shows blank, but the IEMEI id is as follows. Im 100% paid up with sprint and 0 balance.

Phone was already ported though to metro. my concern

LG V20 Sprint- 

Journeyman

Just to be clear.  Since I created this topic, my phone was never successfully unlocked.  Sprint ended up winning.  I eventually got tired of not having a phone so i said screw it and I took a deal that sprint offered giving me a bill of 15 dollars a month for unlimited everything.  It's called the Kick Start plan.  As long as i have auto-pay enabled, e-bill, and my own phone, then sprint only charges me 15 a month.  Where i live, the service through sprint is absolutely terrible, so i basically have to drive about 2 miles from my home in any direction to get service, but at least i can make and receive phone calls.  Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that this problem was never resolved and i went through about 4 different reps who all said the same thing, It's obviously my phone.  Now that we're 20 pages deep though, maybe they'll finally take notice that it IS NOT my phone and is so obviously an issue with their unlocking system.  To be completely honest, it seems to me like there should be some sort of mass compensation in order for anyone that paid their phone off completely but still doesn't have full access to it.

Journeyman

Man that's kind of alright though at 15 A MONTH! 

So, will I am helped me out- Got the phone truely sprint unlocked now (AT LEAST I THINK). I was able to uicc unlock and make APN changes. Weird part is- When I enter in correct apn's (for this instance its metropcs), and hit save, it instantly deletes it. So, out of curiosity i named it horseballs. lol. didnt put in anything else, hit save and it's still there. so it's almost like Sprint is challenging "the man" and deleting **bleep**. Im confused as hell. Either way, I am still working on my 2 phones to get everything setup nicely.

for 15 bucks dude.. thats a great deal. Unlimited data too?

Im now paying 80 at metropcs for 2. waaaay better than 130 which was sprint's "best and oldest plan"

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, my LS997 still can not unlock, I need someone can help me unlock my phone.

I am more than happy to look into getting your device set for unlock. Please check out our unlock policy in order to put a unlock in. 

www.sprint.com/unlock 

If you have the info needed, please send a PM. Smiley Happy

Journeyman

How to unlock? LG V20

I bought an LG v20 for ebay, but when I put my SIM it does not work Smiley Sad

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am : I have the same issue - I My LG V20 phone stopped working internationally after the Android Oreo update. It says invalid sim - with an exclamation mark next to the signal. 

Looking for your help to unlock my mobile - Device is still active on sprint.

Hey Raja, I can help you out with that. I'm going to shoot you a PM so I can get some account info from you. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat