We need to get together and do something together as well.
That is whar I was told earlier “Sprint did all. It is now on you”.
We would like to send the request again in order to have this evaluated. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you s private message.
We keep going around and around here - with no real resolution.
Would you be able to answer the following question, or get the answer for us?
After Sprint sends the unlock code (which was supposedly done multiple times) should I be able to:
1. Power off my LGV20
2. Remove the backplate, battery and Sprint Sim
3. Insert a sim from an MVNO such as Mint.
4. Insert battery. reattach backplate
5. Power on phone
6. Have phone recognize that the KNOWN GOOD sim is inserted
7. Add and save a new APN to the phone
Are there any steps that I'm missing that need to be performed to have this work?
Does the phone need to be "removed" from the Sprint network first?
I have other non-Sprint GSM phones and I can simply pop the sim out of one phone and pop it in to the other and it works fine, no fuss, no muss.
I even have an old Sprint iPhone 6s - no issues with the GSM sim (after it was unlocked and removed from my Sprint account - which was an adventure in itself)
Before we send the unlock signal, your device needs to meet some criteria which are keeping the device powered ON, connected to a Wi-Fi and with Sprint SIM card inside, if not meeting this then the device will show unlock from our end but it will still remain locked to you. After we send the unlock signal you must Update the Data Profile (Settings>System Updates>Update Profile.) with the Sprint SIM card in the device. Once you do this, you can try inserting another carriers SIM card and verify if it works.
Update the Data Profile (Settings>System Updates>Update Profile.) with the Sprint SIM card in the device. Once you do this, you can try inserting another carriers SIM card and verify if it works.
It does not work.
Power off phone
Power on phone
SIM not recognized
APN settings won't save.
Any other suggestions?
We can submit a request to have this matter evaluated by our techs experts. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.
After talking with the support experts, or whatever they are called, after 15 minutes of verifying, etc, they basically said the same thing that @RTFMA1 was told.
It will "fully unlock once you remove the phone from the Sprint account"
Others in this thread have tried that unsuccessfully.
I cannot try this as I do not have another Sprint phone laying around that I can substitute it with and the only way to remove it from the account is to lose the phone #, etc.
Which, at this time, I do not want to do.
Also, once I do that, Sprint has even less incentive to help me get control of a device that I bought and paid for.
I appreciate that Sprint is in here trying to help us, unfortunately, we keep going 'round and 'round with the same suggestions that are not working - it's time for some new ones and, quite frankly - an answer that will unlock these devices once and for all.
It will not work . PERIOD.
Sprint keeps saying the same thing over and over and over and over.
Gree- were you able to add APN?? DOES IT STAY after you saved?
Update on my case: Sprint told me there is a software lock on my device (lol it is Sprint phone). So they gave me MSL NUMBER . I need to play with it .
We need to file a case on this .
To all - (Sprint Customer Service Members. please read carefully)
Here are the steps and issues. & it still does not work.
WE (LG v20 Users) paid off the phone. it's been more than 50 days with Sprint.
So WE (LG v20 Users) are eligible to request unlock. WE have right to request and it is Sprint responsible to unlock the device since it is locked by Sprint.
& we do know that not all device works with other carriers. HOWEVER LG v20 has all LTE and GSM frequency so SPRINT LG v20 will (should) work for Any Carriers in U.S. once it is unlocked.
so Please do not say check other carrier if they can activate SPRINT LG v20. If it is unlocked properly in right way by SPRINT then it will work.
& Here are the steps we did (per SPRINT)
1. After we request unlocked code, the device has active SPRINT SIM card or connected to WIFI to receive unlock code.
2. After receiving the code (confirmed by sprint) - we DID update PRL, PROFILE and UNLOCK IOCCI from the Security Update.
3. then insert NON Sprint SIM (such as ATT, Tmobile, MINT, Lycamore) - Device still can't read the SIM CARD
4. also the device will not let save APN. (<<-- i think this is the real issue. in order to communicate with other carrier, the device need to send/receive a network but it just does not save it)
5. we do see "ADD APN" but again after saving, it does not say.
6. we (so many LG v20 users) reported this issue to SPRINT and SPRINT device EXPERTS keep saying repeat the STEP 1 ~ 3.
7. we still reported the issue then Sprint said "Sprint is done, it is on you and other carrier" <-- are you serious????
8. so far it is me I guess. I got another email with MSL code from sprint. not sure if the MSL code is unique for each device but it is right MSL code to edit some file. I need to research with my own what MSL does and what i can do with MSL code.
The bottom line, please stop ignoring and stop telling us that SPRINT will send the code again.
as you see, the unlock code signal you sent, is not working. i believe software needs to be updated by SPRINT. When I click "unlock ICCID" button, the device indeed says "the device ICCID is now unlocked for all" HOWEVER the device is not able to read other SIM.
I believe LG v20 has the self activation program. so I need to add APN for other carrier first.
then insert the new carrier sim card in. then reboot/restart. LG v20 will use the new APN to perform the self activation.
However as you see, SPRINT LG v20 will not letting us to add/save any APN.
PLEASE SPRINT. You guys are not a small company. i know you guys can better than this.
AGAIN stop repeating the steps to us.
do RESEARCH. and test then confirm. then TELL USERS. (and train other customer services because some sprint customer service members do not know all those steps).
If you need a device to test, i will send my device. I will pay shipping. not a problem.
so please do not ignore this issue.
Good morning GreeGreeCreedle. We would like to take a look at your account and see what's going on with your device. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.