Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Unlimited Plan" not for existing customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

New "Unlimited Plan" not for existing customers

Unlimited Confusion

We are very long time (six years) and generally happy Sprint customers, who are currently grandfathered in to an old unlimited plan.  However for 3 lines with taxes and fees included, the monthly cost is about $200 monthly.  Recently heard about the new "Unlimited" plans (search unlimited on the sprint site).

As you can see, the problem vs the competition is that Sprint's version is only good for a year (till March 31 2018) and only good to new customers.  I called for clarification, only to be told that Sprint could not offer us the plan(s), but instead only offer us the several month older "Unlimited Freedom Plan" from fall of 2016.  Although slightly less expensive than our current plan, the "Unlimited Freedom Plan" is more restrictive and more expensive than what is currently being offered to new customers.  We find this frustrating and a slap in the face for our long time loyalty thru some of Sprint's past difficult times.  If this is how Sprint intends to treat long term customers, maybe it is time to switch carriers...what are your thoughts?

1 REPLY
GrandMaster

Re: New "Unlimited Plan" not for existing customers

one of the agents will need to pop in and run through what plans might or might not work for you. but to be fully honest what you are upset about will be the same exact thing you see with every other carrier. why are the new customers getting special deals when the long term customers cant. if you were with one of the other carriers and a long term "loyal" customer you would be posting the same exact thing over there..heck for giggles jump over to one of their communities and type in "new customer" in their search area.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.