cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT Refusing to Unlock Military Iphone

Journeyman

SPRINT Refusing to Unlock Military Iphone

Paid off my iPhone weeks ago. Called Sprint and they said within 2 business days I would receive a code. Never received a code. Called again; same thing. Called three time after; same thing. It's now two almost two weeks and no code. Phone is completely paid off. In addition to calling seven times, I'v sent numerous private messages. All promise to fix the problem, but none do anything. 

I'm now overseas. Paying tons of fees for making phone calls from a US phone number overseas. I now have to buy a new iPhone because the one I bought from Sprint in the US will not be unlocked. All told, Sprint will have cost me over $1800 dollars. 

At this point since Sprint refuses to honor their contract after I paid off my phone, I now have to spend my time warning other military members about the Sprint Scam. #SprintstealsfromMilitary

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: SPRINT Refusing to Unlock Military Iphone

Let's take a look at the issue here. First, the unlock is an over the air signal sent to the phone. It's not a physical code sent to the phone that you would see. Second, you've stated the phone is completely paid off, but when was the balance paid? If you just paid it off on this current bill and the due date hadn't passed, the phone wouldn't have read as eligible. Third, once the unlock request was submitted, did the phone still have the Sprint SIM in the phone and was it connected to data? It would have needed to be set up this way for 2-3 days to ensure the unlock was successful. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thank you very much for your reply. You've already been more helpful than seven Customer care reps. 

I was told I'd receive an email with a code, so I guess that was wrong. Thanks for clearing it up. 

The phone has been paid off for 2 weeks. 

The phone still has the Sprint SIM in it. It's connected to data, but now its connected to data in the UK via my still active Sprint plan (not sure if that matters). 

GrandMaster

by chance do you have access to wifi over there?

the agent is already assisting you..im going to drop a bit of info you can scan over though to make sure is in place so you are ready on your end.

While waiting for your ticket to be worked please ensure:

• The phone is powered on at all times.  As this may take a few days, you may want to plug the phone into the wall until the unlock is complete
  • The Sprint SIM is inside the device. If you have an Apple, Sprint may still be able to process an unlock request without the Sprint SIM attached. Unfortunately, without a Sprint SIM, we cannot unlock an Android device
  • The device is attached to WiFi service. Unlocking is a signal like an update. Your phone must have access to the internet to receive that signal.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Are you staying as a Sprint customer? I'll need to review the phone and account for the eligibility. I'm going to send you a private message to get your information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat