Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching or No Service and Inconsistent Data

Highlighted
Journeyman

Searching or No Service and Inconsistent Data

Hello, 

I signed up with Sprint back in November of 2018 and purchased a Note 9 to port my phone number over from AT&T.

I've been having issues off and on with inconsistent data speeds or no data at all coming to my device in multiple locations. It makes it very hard to use maps when trying to navigate because nothing will load. In some cases, I'll get good speeds and random times I will be slowed to under 5mbps or even under 1mbps even though Im in a good coverage area with multiple LTE bars. 

As of the past couple weeks, while at home  I've been having issues with my phone going to no service / emergency calling at random times. Today, it's been happening more frequently ever few minutes it seems. Sometimes every 5 to 10 minutes I'll have no service. My phone has no service as I type this message and I have to be on wifi. This issue only happens at my home with no service searching and is the worst day it's been happening. (Slow data still happens in other locations too). 

Steps taken thus far:

I factory rest my phone as new back in the beginning of December 2018. 

Attempted safe mode. Same issue. 

Update Prl and Data Profile many times. I've noticed sometimes after the updates, my phone will grab onto LTE at home until I try to use data then revert to 3g signal and be real slow or not give me any data. I sometimes will get the RILNOTIFIER: Mobile data connection error when trying to use data. 

I've ran the ##72786# code in the phone app to reset the carrier. No luck. 

I've gone into my connection settings and changed the mobile network from automatic to the other options to test. Had same issue. 

I've taken off my phone case and reseated the sim card in my phone. Same issue. 

I live in Southeast Michigan. 

Cross streets and zip code for issue that I have at home are Burtrig Rd and Martinsville Rd, 48111.

I can also provide two other areas where I've experienced slow to no data speeds. 

Lockdale Street and Northwestern Service Drive, 48034.

Great Lakes Crossing Drive and Joslyn Rd, 48326.

Can someone please help me check my account or reprovision my device to work better or see if towers are having issues? 

Thank you.

Screenshot_20190123-111758_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-111814_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-111825_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-111909_Settings.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Searching or No Service and Inconsistent Data

Thanks for all that info, David.  Please send me a Private Message so I can check a few things on the account.  In the message, please include your Phone # and account PIN or password.  Are any other users on the account having similar issues?

I sent you a PM. 

I'm the only one on my account and don't have any other Sprint devices I would be able to test at this time, sorry. 

Got it.  Thanks, David. Let me look into this for you. Just a heads up, we are currently experiencing a widespread network outage. We're working on getting that resolved as quickly as possible. 

Hello, 

I wanted to post back after a couple months of using the service since I last posted. I don't know if it was a placebo affect at the time I thought it was working but I'm still experiencing issues with data cutting out / being really slow.

Issue is happening literally everywhere I go still (Southgate, Taylor, Canton, Westland, Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, and Van Buren Township are the places I travel to frequently). There are towers that I connect to that get great / fast signal but about 95% of the time I cannot get anything to load. When trying to load a simple web page or attempting to run a speed test it will either time out or be extremely slow to where I will just give up on it.

For example, I was out today and had 2-3 bars of LTE and was getting under 1mbps speeds. Drive right down the street a few miles where I have about 3 to 4 bars of LTE and was getting about 30 to 40 mbps download. There's one tower around my local Meijer store that I get like over 150mbps download which is great but I drive down the street from there and things turn to the worst. 

I was able to find out that my sister and brother in law both have Galaxy S10s on Sprint and don't appear to have issues when away from home. They only complain about issues when at home because we only get 2 to 3 bars of 3G service when indoors.

So I don't know if it's something deeper on the provisioning on my account when I switched over from AT&T or what is going on. I don't have issues with making phone calls or many issues with text messaging. I sometimes have issues where text messages might fail to send and I have to resend it but it's rare when that occurs.

Please help because I'm ready to switch back to AT&T or Verizon at this point after my device is paid off.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

HI David,

I am reading through your past conversations and I do not see where we have done any device troubleshooting for you. What kind of device are you using? 

Journeyman

Hi, 

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running on the latest March 1st security update. 

The steps I have done to troubleshoot my issue should be included within the first public post back a couple months ago.

I've also factory reset my phone again after it got the android pie update a while ago.

I've updated the data profile and prl.

Ran the ##72786# code in the phone app the reset the carrier.

Changed phone cases.

Reseated Sim card.

Used the phone in safe mode.

Had the previous rep try refreshing some stuff on the account.

I don't know what else to do at this point. 

It sounds like we've done all of the troubleshooting that can be done online. Are you able to visit a repair location? 

Journeyman

I do have a couple repair centers around that are about 20 miles away.

I don't see how this would be a device issue if everything else works with the phone but the data. That leads me to believe it's an account or network issue.

I could see the SIM card possibly being somewhat a cause but it still wouldn't make sense if I don't have issue with phone calls or texting, just with data.

Thank you.

I'll put in a tech ticket for you. I'll need some information to submit the ticket. I'm going to send you a private message.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thank for the followup with the extra information. I have the ticket submitted. The ticket number is 391499-190330. Our Tech Team will be reaching out to you within 3-5 business days. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thank you. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat