cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Unlock Policy?

Journeyman

Sprint Unlock Policy?

Hi guys,

Posting here to hopefully get some more clarification on Sprint's unlock policy. Originally, I had an unlocked iPhone X on my sprint account for more than 5 months with Sprint Complete add-on. Several weeks ago, the phone was lost and thankfully I was able to receive a replacement phone through Asurion using Sprint Complete. However, when I requested a domestic unlock on the new replacement device, I was told that my device is not eligible for an unlock due to the device not being on Sprint network for at least 50 days. My question is, shouldn't the replacement device be eligible for a domestic unlock given that the original device that it was a replacement for was on the network for more than 50 days? 

On this community post: https://community.sprint.com/t5/Basic-Services/Requesting-Exception-to-50-Day-Active-Policy-for-Unlo... it seems that the number of days on network carries over to the replacement device. I have been on the phone and chat with numerous reps in the last 2 weeks and each rep tells me different things. Could someone from Sprint PLEASE sort this out for me? I have not had a working phone for the past 3 weeks or so and it's really putting my life on hold.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint Unlock Policy?

You're completely correct. With an insurance replacement, the 50 days is determined by both phones time on the network combined. I would like to verify that you've said you're without service, have you left Sprint? Since this is an exception unlock, I'll be submitting a case and it can take 3-5 days to be processed. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes, unfortunately I have already ported the number over to a different carrier. Please let me know any information youd require from me

Journeyman

Any updates? Was the case submitted?

Hi jjcho1, I need your email address and a phone number that you can be contacted at just in case we need to.

Journeyman

I'll send over the information via PM.

Journeyman

Was the case submitted?

I sent a email to Ann regarding the ticket number. We will get this figured out for you. 

I am sorry for the delay in response. I have a ticket number of SD6451500. Please connect the device to charger, power on, and connect to WiFi. Please leave the Sprint SIM inserted. 

Journeyman

According to the 3-5 business day timeframe, would it be reasonable to expect the phone to be unlocked by the end of this week?

It should be unlocked for you. Did you ever receive an email from us?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."

I just clarified and your ticket came through and your phone should be unlocked. Please go ahead and restart your phone with the Sprint sim in it. When it comes back on you can do a PRL update. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat