cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, robocalls, and number spoofing

Journeyman

Sprint, robocalls, and number spoofing

I would like to know what sprint is doing to stop these types of calls. They are a huge drain on your customers productivity and well being and Sprint knows this and yet the calls keep coming. I have tried various apps and they always seem to get through. Oddly I recieved a text messege from what looked like a normal person as their name popped up on the caller ID and instead it was Sprint. Meaning Sprint is spoofing numbers in order to spam its own customers??  Id like to know how to make this stop and what exactly is sprint doing about it. Please don't ask to DM me in private questions that might help others don't if dealt with in private and your customers have the right to know how you're solving  (or not solving) various issues  

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint, robocalls, and number spoofing

HI Donald,

We understand that is frustrating and it is for all of us. Old Sprint/current Sprint numbers can be spoofed just like any other number. 

We advise customer to make a complaint with the FCC:

If you receive a call and you suspect Caller ID information has been falsified, or you think the rules for protecting the privacy of your telephone number have been violated, you can file a complaint with the FCC. You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:

• File a complaint online at www.consumercomplaints.fcc.gov
  • By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL Videophone: 1-844-432-2275.
  • By mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554

Journeyman

Following FCC's (Federal Communications Commission) warning to all US networks operators to offer customers a method of fighting robocalls, what is Sprint doing about this now?  Verizon and AT&T are working on solutions...

https://www.phonearena.com/news/ATT-Comcast-spam-calls-robocallers_id114688

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

All of the major carriers, including Sprint, are working with the FCC to combat this plague of spam and robocalls. This goes deeper than what any one carrier can do when it comes to this battle. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I totally disagree that it goes deeper than any one carrier. Google included call protection in their pixel brand phones, Samsung included in their phones (except it was removed by Sprint) and everyone in the world is offering free services to combat this....except again Sprint who wants their monthly blood to try and block services.
As maybe one of the last people who doesn't have unlimited minutes (old legacy plan) Sprint's stubbornness on this topic actually could cost me money.
Journeyman

You didn't answer a single question I posed, nothing.  I wasn't asking about what sprint thinks I should do to combat this issue, I have a business to run and a wife and dog.  I asked what Sprint (you) are doing protect your customers.  Which by the sounds of things not a whole heck of a lot.

Journeyman

Super annoying! I get these calls SEVERAL times a week. Sprint offers NOTHING... nada! Zip... I've contacted the FCC about this, and they informed me that it is a problem they are working on, but the networks have two ways they can respond.

1.) They can block Spoofed calls entirely. Why wouldn't this be the go to thing? 

2.) Caller ID Authentication. 

I am SERIOUSLY considering leaving Sprint over this nonsense. But I'm suppose to wait for another year for my contract right? We have to play by the rules but Sprint has no accountability....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat