cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer

Journeyman

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

How do i get past this... It keeps telling me sim locmed please power cycle and blah blah... What do i do? 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

I would like to check on the phone, to ensure the phone is unlocked. I'll respond to the private message. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hi, would you like to share with the class how to solve this persistent issue?

Hey Austin, we're having to review each situation on a case-by-case basis and typically need to access a customers account to review further for this issue. If you are having trouble, please shoot me a private message and we can get some account details to assist further. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I am having this same issue and my sim keeps locking even after I power cycle and re-activate with Sprint customer service? Can you someone please help me figure this out? I'm on a Google Pixel 3 

Sprint Social Care

Hi @JESSENULL, I just saw your private message and will be responding shortly. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, I am having a similar issue. Over two months ago I bought a Sprint branded Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-03) at Best Buy (not prepaid plan).  I tried activating on Sprint a few days ago and was told that the phone was still tied to Boost Mobile as a prepaid device, which it is not.  When I run an IMEI check on Swappa, it says that it is clear and all is okay.  Additionally, I checked BYOD eligibility on Boost, Ting, Unreal Mobile, and FreedomPop and they all come back saying all is clear.  Its just Sprint indicating that the phone is still tied to Boost somehow.  I am using the original SIM that came with the phone.

I also went to a Sprint store yesterday who were unable to help.  Then I stopped by Best Buy to explain the issue and they spent several calls and over 30mins with Sprint CSRs and they were unable to activate it on Sprint.  Given that the eligibility checks come back clean on other providers, it seems to me that this is a Sprint issue.  Can someone please look into this?  

Edit: This phone was never activated on any network.

Hi Fido. Can you shoot me a private message so we can take a look at your account and get to the bottom of this? 

Hey Jesse. Looks like we were able to get your issue resolved in private chat by having you reset your network settings (as shown below). Let us know if you need anything further!

1. From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.

2. Tap the Dialpad icon.

3. Dial *#*#72786#*#*, then tap the Call icon.

Note: The last * will not display.

4. Tap OK.

The device will power off and restart.

5. The network settings are now reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

Hi Fido. Can you shoot me a private message so we can take a look at your account and get to the bottom of this? 

Thank you, Greg.  You have fixed my issue after failed attempts elsewhere.  Kudos!

Journeyman

The Sprint chat agent gave me an error message of ““I am trying to activate. It comes up with an Error saying : Error: The ICCID of Equipment 2 must be not in use on other subscriber.” When I tried to activate my phone earlier. I sent you additional details in a PM. Thanks.

Hey fido. Last time we chatted we added your device to our database and got you squared away. What triggered you to reach out to the chat agent/what is the issue that has come up since we last messaged? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat