cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer

Journeyman

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

The adding to the database was good but I decided not to add the phone to my plan at that time. I reached out today to chat to do a device swap from my current device to this new device but the agent ran into the error I quoted above.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

OK. What is the new phone you're looking to add and what network is it coming off of? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Greg,

Its the same phone you helped me with in this post .

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Basic-Services/The-SIM-card-has-locked-Please-power-cycle-the-device...

Still the Motorola z2 force.  And it has never been activated.  I PMd you the meid and iccid details yesterday.  Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go take a look. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I'm having this issue with my phone. "The sim has locked please power cycle phone..." Please help 

Are you trying to switch your phone to or from the Sprint network? Have you been having trouble with your phone ever since you purchased it?

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.

Journeyman

I activated my sprint sim card in a new phone after my old one broke. After turning the phone on, it will work fine for about a minute then I get the "the sim card has locked " message and I lose service 

Is your phone supposed to be active on the Sprint network or a different carrier?

Journeyman

It's factory unlocked 

Where did you purchase the phone? From a carrier?

Journeyman

I bought it used. The phone works perfectly fine. The sim card is the only issue 

Right but if that SIM is locked to a carrier, I need to know which one. I want to help you out but I can't unless you answer these questions. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat