cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer

Journeyman

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

It's a sprint sim card and an unlocked phone. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Cu...

Got it. Can you send me the MEID of your phone please?

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.

Journeyman

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Custo

I have been having this problem since 24 Dec 18. I have power cycled, removed and replaced sim. The phone will come back on with service for a few minutes then displays the message then have the notification that the SIM card is invalid. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 and have had it for several years with this same SIM card. The phone received an update several days ago. This is very frustrating. Do I have to take it into a sprint repair facility or can I get help at any Sprint store?

Re: The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Custo

Just a few things I need to clarify...did you request an unlock from Sprint? When you power cycled it, did you leave the Sprint SIM in it?

Journeyman

I have had this phone through sprint for several years and never had a SIM issue before. When I said I replaced the SIM card I meant that I had taken it out of my phone then put it back in. This SIM card has been in my phone and untouched since I got it several years ago. I got this phone from sprint and have not requested an unlocking of this phone. It has also shown a screen saying it was activating hands free something, I do not remember what. I have power cycled it with the SIM in and function returns for a short time then I get the message that the sim card is locked. I have also opened and closed the SIM card tray with the same results, momentary service then locked SIM card message.

Ahhh okay that clears some things up! I believe the upgrade may have affected the SIM card. You need to go into a Sprint store and they will give you a new SIM for your phone.

Journeyman

Any Sprint store or a repair facility?

Any Sprint store should do it for ya.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint

I was wondering if you can help me. I bought a phone 'unlocked' and i inserted my Textnow sim card, and it continually says that my sim card has locked and its trying to connect to sprint. I don't know what to do.

@Wowmylife798, I'm happy to help you. When you say you purchased an unlocked phone, did you purchase it from a phone manufacturer, or a Sprint customer?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I ordered it online from Walmart  Unsure of the distributor.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat