cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Google Pixel 3A XL

Go to solution
Journeyman

Unlock Google Pixel 3A XL

I bought a Google Pixel 3A XL at a discounted price by signing a new 2-year agreement with Sprint. The phone has now been activated on the Sprint Network for the required 50 days, but when talking to a support rep I was told that because it is under the 2-year agreement, it cannot be unlocked! 

I have no intention of even taking the phone to a different carrier, I simply want to get root. I can't get root until the bootloader is unlocked, and I can't unlock the bootloader while the phone is carrier locked. Regardless of my intentions with the unlocked phone, I signed a 2 year agreement to keep my line open, not to use this phone for 2 years on this line. 

How can we get this phone unlocked? I need root access in my line of work (IT Security), I've been a loyal Sprint customer for 15 years and would really like to stick with Sprint, but if I can't get a simple phone unlock I will have to explore other options.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Unlock Google Pixel 3A XL

We don't recommend the actions that you're describing. However, is your phone on lease or installment billing?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

No, there is no active lease or installment billing on the phone. I bought it at a discounted rate by signing a new 2-year contract on my line. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I would like to review the account and get this settled for you. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Just to update any community members that may be browsing this request, Sprint wants to charge me $350 to unlock my phone. I signed a new 2 year contract on my  line when I got the phone at the discounted price. That contract also somehow applies to the phone even though it was never mentioned previously. I've been a Sprint customer for quite some time, but will be returning the phone and cancelling all my lines over something that should be no big deal for Sprint to do. Good luck with this shady company.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat