cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to Sprints Customer Service?

Journeyman

What Happened to Sprints Customer Service?

I have been with Sprint for just about 10 years. I am not the greatest customer, sometimes I get behind on my bill and have to play catch up, but I always eventually come through.

Every time I have had an issue Sprint has used to always been there for me. When I had a death in the family and had to take a month off work, Sprint kept my phone on and worked with me. When I lost by job, Sprint kept my phone on and worked with me while I looked for a new job.

3 months ago my girlfriend, who I have 2 Kids with, attempted suicide while she was alone with our kids. I had to take emergency leave and suddenly found myself a single parent while she is getting the help she needs. I fell a month behind on my bill, but  I made one full payment on October 5, 2018 of 323.19.

I made split payments in November :

one on the seventeenth for 150.00 and another on the 24th for 183.92. 

At the end of November my work let me come back off leave and work part time( the hours my kids are in school) I could now make payments(sort of). My phone first turned off at the beginning of. It sucks, but it is usually no big deal. I chatted with Sprint online and explained my situation I told them I was now working part time and cannot bay my bill out right, but I can make alternating payments of 100 and 200 every pay day. He told me he set up the payment of 100 to come out on the 10th and then I would have to call back on the 20th(I think) and set up another payment arrangement. I thought that was kind of annoying. Why not just set up the plan right now? why do I have to call back?

Anyway, then 10th comes and my phone shuts off. I check my bank account and sprint never withdrew the 100. So I call Sprint and they tell me because I missed the payment I now have to pay the full past due amount of 600(Novembers and Decembers...I think) something dollars for them to turn my phone back on. I asked why didn't they automatically take the 100 like they have done every time I have ever set up a payment plan in the past 10 years? I was only told this one didn't get set up this way and it will now be counted as a "Broken Promise", but they let me pay the 100 and turned my phone back on, but told me to call back on the 19th (I think)  and set up another payment plan. Again, I thought this was dumb, but said OK. The 19th comes around and my phone is off. I call up Sprint to try and set up a payment plan. They tell that I have to now pay in full because I broke the payment plan promise of not paying the remaining balance of the account I explained that I what I had talked to the other two people about, but I was still told it didn't matter and I am no longer eligible for a payment plan. I didn't have time to argue, I was on break at work so I got off the phone. I Called sprint back when I got home and asked why wasn't I eligible for a payment plan, when I have been way more behind int the past and they have always worked with me. I was explained that I had "Broken Promises" From arrangements that I fell through on. 1 for the beginning of December(Ok Cool I get that one) on for the missing 100 dollar payment on the 10th and another one from the 19th.

Wait, What?! The hundred dollar payment was a simple miscommunication I paid as soon as I noticed Sprint didn't take it out( like they have done every other time), The second one I told them upfront I couldn't make the full payment and they said it wouldn't be a big deal just to call back. 

Eventually I talked to someone over sprint chat, that gave me a number of a different department to call to fix set up a payment arrangement, but I needed to pay first. so, I waited until payday and as soon as sprint opened after my direct deposit hit I called them. Made a payment of 200 and had the plan set up and I told them that I couldn't pay the full past due amount, but I could come up with something.  They said OK, but I needed to call back on my next payday to set up the payment plan. 

Well, guess what? Today is my next payday and my phone is off. I called the number the chat agent gave me and I was told I have to many "broken promises" and they can't turn my phone back on until I have my bill all caught up.  

I get I am past due, but Its not like I am asking anything for free. I have been open with what I can afford and have been told several times they can make it work. I have made payments every 2 weeks at at least 300 per month total, when I get paid. I am keeping up my end of the deal. What the heck Sprint?  

AT&T is offering me an Unlimited plan with 3 lines for 182.50 per month. Why should I give you 300 a month to have my phone shut off every 2 weeks and to be told its because I'm breaking promises by doing what you tell me to do?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: What Happened to Sprints Customer Service?

Wow, you've definitely been through the weeds with us. I appreciate that you're still willing to work this out with us. I want to say there is no way that you keep getting incorrect dates every time you call, but obviously it's happening. I would like to review your account and see if there is anything I can do. Since you mentioned you thought it was a pain to have to keep calling every 2 weeks, I want to take this opportunity to say you can set up arrangements over the automated service and through your online account. I can also help you here, as long as there is a valid payment method saved to your account. 

I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

This is over $27.94. Seriously!? Ironically, that is about my late fee isn't it? I offered them 200 over the phone yesterday? this can't be right. If it is, this is all the more ridiculous,

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I apologize that I posted that dollar amount in public. I'm in the process of having it pulled down. I'm going to respond to your message through the private message. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Not really concerned with it being private. I already laid it all out there on the public post anyway.

Journeyman Rk4
Journeyman

I thought the same I had set payment arrangement up I didn’t have the money in my account so I called days before to let them I can pay the 15th and they said basically no then I request a Supervisor well the call was disconnected it appears I’m not a loyal customer now and my phone is off which I use for my part time job that I had to get due to government shut down. I guess they will be losing a customer going to T Mobile I pay to much as is 

Sprint Social Care

Hey, I would like to review your account to see  what can we do to address your concerns. Please reply back in private with your account holder's first and last name, your sprint phone number and the 6 - 10 digit PIN code to gain access to your account. 

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman Rk4
Journeyman

How do you post private messages
Journeyman Rk4
Journeyman

Veronica Thomas

Sprint Social Care

To send a private message, click on the Sprint Care avatar (icon) and click on the Actions tab. Then, you will see the option to send a private message. 

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

I recommend you to delete your phone number from public for security reasons. To send a private message, click on the Sprint Care avatar (icon) and click on the Actions tab. Then, you will see the option to send a private message. 

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat