cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8plus unlocking nigtmare

Journeyman

iPhone 8plus unlocking nigtmare

April 6, 2019  - I paid off my iPhone 8 plus after it completed its lease (confirmation 3815405185)

May 4, 2019 - requested device unlock (Agent: Casey, Case ID: 1772908857)

May 7, 2019 - received confirmation that device is being unlocked (KMM180571825V39721L0KM)

May 11, 2019 - checked device - it is not unlocked. 

Called Sprint Customer Service, the rep kept saying the device was unlocked May 7,  2019 at 9:30 am. Nothing that they can do anymore. Asked me to use iTunes or go to Apple store.

Called again, asked to reopen case/escalate, was given Case ID: 240451151 by Agent: Dayontae.

Called again, to confirm that a case was indeed opened. Rep said that the issue is showing closed.

Went to local sprint store, they called Sprint CSR and the agent confirmed the request is closed. I was asked to contact account services.

I have been a sprint customer for 9 years. This is just terrible. Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: iPhone 8plus unlocking nigtmare

Howdy guptosan. The unlock process is normally a straight forward, simple affair. Let's take this one step at a time. The 1st is, I sent you a PM to gather some info. From there we're going to walk through each of the steps to see where the issue is that keeps blocking the unlock of this phone. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

5/18/19

My son has the same problem with Sprint when he called Sprint to unlock his iphone 7. My son  bill is all paid off and the iphone has already been paid off, i.e. he owe nothing to Sprint. When my son went to a Sprint store to unlock phone, the person who works there has to call Sprint center but the center insisted on talking to my son. When my son answered the call, they tried to convince him not to unlock even though he owns the phone since it has been paid off. After several calls, Sprint said they will unlock phone, which will take a few days. After waiting for more than 3 days, the phone is still unlock to this day. We will give Sprint the benefit of the doubt by waiting a few more days. Frankly we are not hopeful and very disappointed with Sprint, and we will never want to use Sprint ever again, and we would discourage our friends and anyone reading this blog to stay clear of sprint.

Another very disappointed ex-sprint customer.    

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I'm sorry that your son is going through this Jason263. I'll be more than happy to assist in anyway I can. The unlock process should be fairly straight forward and easy to accomplish. Here's an article outlining the unlock process. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks.  There are certain steps an agent has to complete(i.ei. creating an unlock case/ticket) on our end, and there are certain steps that the customer must complete on their end so the phone is ready to receive the unlock signal. Please check out section: "While waiting for your ticket to be worked please ensure". 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat