cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/04 - Samsung ATIV S Neo Software Update - 2216.14.01.2

Master

Re: 2/04 - Samsung ATIV S Neo Software Update - 2216.14.01.2

Finally_Windows -
My apologies, but as my co-worker Omar stated we currently have no word on GDR3. You can always check www.sprint.com/newsroom for all of our latest news and headlines.

Thank you.
Stephanie C.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

There's at least one complaint about GDR3 on the ATIV S Neo: http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-ativ-s-owners-beware-of-gdr3/ , Specifically, there's a storage leak in system storage so it isn't freeing up space, causing subsequent app installations to fail. So the delay in release might be justified, as this appears to be specific to GDR3 on the ATIV S Neo only, and not on other phones.

On the plus side, the FEB 2014 firmware update fixed camera restarting for me. Previously, using my SD card as my camera default storage caused the phone to restart after I exited the camera app.

--

Journeyman

Does anyone know if this affecting both carriers with ATIV S Neo, or only Sprint?

Master

Finally_Windows,

Thank you for reaching out. Are you currently experiencing any issues with your device? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Charles G- No, I am not experiencing this problem, because I am waiting for the official release of GDR3.  My theory is to see if GordonFecyk's link applies to both carrier's of the ATIV S Neo.  I believe the other carrier shipped the ATIV S Neo with GDR3, so I am wondering if the other carrier is experiencing this problem and if not, then why is it only isolated to Sprint with GDR3?  Maybe someone can elaborate?

Master

Finally_Windows,

Thanks for the clarification. We don't have any word on the impact on other carriers. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you,
Ivan
Journeyman

Finally_Windows,

I can't directly answer your question yet. I will talk to someone who has our phone on AT&T about it, though, and get back to you. I know they aren't experiencing the issues listed elsewhere on these forums (phone freezing the OS, roaming disabled, etc.), but I don't know what version of firmware and OS they're running.

I'll report back.

Master

Finally_Windows,
Awesome, thanks for the reply and we look forward to your next response! Keep us posted.
*Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

Hey my phone does not have sound even when people call me

Master

Karimloverboy,

I will be happy to assist you with that. Please make sure the speaker is on. Please turn the phone off and leave it off for a minute then turn it back on. Are you still having the issue? If that doesn't fix it then you might need to take it to a Sprint service & repair store for them to further troubleshoot. If you attach headphones to the phone are you able to hear sounds? Thanks for being a Sprint customer.

Thanks,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I got a refurbished Ativ S Neo after my original failed and now I cannot get the GDR3 update even though I check for updates as it just says phone is up to date.

Master

Mlopez360,

What software version is currently active on your phone? The current version should be 2216.14.01.2.

Thanks,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat