cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement coming soon for the ATIV S Neo?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Announcement coming soon for the ATIV S Neo?

According to WPCentral, the Samsung ATIV S Neo just recently passed FCC muster. A new image render was also released. http://www.wpcentral.com/sprint-samsung-ativ-s-neo-fcc-new-render

Sprint, please please please tell us this means a date announcement and full spec list soon. Right now we're gazing through smoke and mirrors. Specs aren't officially completely released, date is anyone's guess, and the only pricing we've seen is the on-contract price. I seriously hope that the device passing through FCC means an announcement and release date are right around the corner. All eyes are on you, Sprint - just waiting.

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Announcement coming soon for the ATIV S Neo?

Update from Engadget, this phone MIGHT be launching in mid-August!  BlackBerry Q10 hits Sprint August 30th, Samsung's ATIV S Neo arrives August 16th

Journeyman

C'mon, Sprint... people are going crazy. Announce a date already. Even Reddit is freaking out! See the link below:

Anybody else wanting to rip their face off waiting for Sprint to release the Ativ S Neo? : windowsph...

Journeyman

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Will someone from Sprint announce when I can pre-order this phone?  My contract has been up for a few months now and my old HTC Arrive is barely hanging on for dear life.

Please respond to keep me from going to another Carrier who offers more Windows Phone options.

Journeyman

*knock* *knock *knock*

HEY SPRINT! C'mon, this is getting pretty nuts now. It's been almost a month since the HTC 8XT was released and while it's a nice phone (and those who have used it have enjoyed it), most of us are waiting for the higher-end offering of the ATIV S Neo! The higher-resolution/larger screen with bigger battery and (allegedly) more internal storage is something we are clamoring for! While the 16th has been leaked as a release date, it hasn't been officially confirmed or denied.

It would be lovely to get SOME kind of official announcement to satisfy your highly curious, PAYING subscribers. Is the phone coming next Friday or not? Either way, please let us know... I have money set aside to use my upgrade which I've had eligibility of, FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.

We would appreciate any information... as the above poster said, my day one-purchased HTC Arrive is starting to really show its age and I would love to replace it with the ATIV S Neo. My money is ready... do you want it?

Journeyman

By not announcing the release date, Sprint has more or less confirmed that the Neo won't be coming out this upcoming Friday. C'mon Sprint, you're shooting your customers in the foot only to turn around and sell them the bandage. What gives?

Fingers crossed for end of the month at least?

Journeyman

Bummed it hasn't been announced yet. My HTC Evo 3D has rapidly aged in the past few weeks. It's nearly at the point of un-usability. I thought I was going to be saved by the Ativ's arrival for the weekend. Even took the 16th off work! Serves me right for planning around rumors.

Journeyman

Looking forward to the ATIV too, still holding out hope for the 16th, really hoping my Arrive survives that long, it will be a close call.  Sprint has in the past just posted "it is out today" messages so the pre-announcement does not totally kill it (maybe).  It is also possible the 16th was the announcement date for preorders or something.  I can sort of see where they don't want to say anything until they have units on hand (well I take that back I really can't see why but that is the way the operate I guess)

Journeyman

We've gotta be getting close! Yesterday cases were found in shops, and today, there's this:

Sprint ATIV S Neo gets spec’d out on Samsung’s site; confirms 16GB storage | Windows Phone Central

Release has to be imminent. I'm trying so hard to be positive.

qhendricks

I am anxiously waiting for this device as well. Have you pre-registered on the website? You can do so with the link below, and be amongst the first to know when it is officially released.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/windows8/index.html?ECID=vanity:windows8

Zena

Social Media Team

Journeyman

If you go to this website: Wholesale Samsung Ativ S Neo Body Glove Dropsuit Rugged Series Case - | 9358201 it says that the case for the Ativ S Neo will go on sale Aug 16, 2013.  This may increase the chance that the Ativ S Neo just may come out this Friday.

Journeyman

OroRo_MunRoE wrote:

qhendricks

I am anxiously waiting for this device as well. Have you pre-registered on the website? You can do so with the link below, and be amongst the first to know when it is officially released.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/windows8/index.html?ECID=vanity:windows8

Zena

Social Media Team

Zena,

With all due respect, pre-registering does nothing. I pre-registered well before the HTC 8XT was even given a date, and have yet to receive a single email from Sprint about it, or this Samsung phone. I have actually yet to see a forum post here on the Sprint Community that has acknowledged receiving anything from pre-registering for updates. It seems like an overwhelming majority of people aren't getting anything. You could probably pass that info on to whoever needs to see it or action it, because otherwise, it's like I just gave my email address for nothing... what.. to be sold for ads? Certainly not for receiving any info about Windows Phones, that's for sure.

Curiously, if you're anxiously waiting for this device, does that mean you're getting one? It's seriously hard to be anxious about a device that MAY or MAY NOT come out this Friday with absolutely zero marketing or hype. I'll still be getting it, but not because Sprint will have told me. I'm sure I'll know from other sources that it's out long before Sprint sends me an email about it. It'll probably be buried at the bottom of the sprint.com/phones page, just like the HTC is, almost like Sprint is expecting it to flop.

Regards,

Q

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat