cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reconnect to wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot reconnect to wifi

Well, for the most part my Samsung Ativ S Neo is pretty good but....

Occasionally when I leave Wi-Fi and come back into range, my Wi-Fi won't reconnect nor see any networks/etc. Shutting wireless off and on does not help. Shutting the phone down and restarting seems to be the only fix.

Very similar to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/home-wifi-network-becomes-unavailabl...

Anyone else? Thoughts?

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: Cannot reconnect to wifi

Yes, I have the same issue.  I have a running list of items I've noticed with my new Neo.  I don't know if it's good or bad that so far every issue I've experienced I have seen posted here.  It's good in the sense that it's not just me, but bad in the sense that it's happening.

I just restarted my phone because of this issue.  The phone is fine for a while.  Then randomly, it will not connect to the wi-fi network.  When I go to settings, no networks are there.  Restarting Wi-Fi doesn't fix it.  I have to actually restart the phone for it to come back.  It's somewhat infrequent for me, but still a nuisance.

Agree with you that for the most part, I like the phone. 

Journeyman

CKING220011

Thank you for the post. I’m sorry to hear you are having device issues. I’ll be happy to look into this more for you.

I’m not showing that this is a know device issue. Is it only happening on your home Wi-Fi or is it all Wi-Fi you connect to? Have you taken it into a Sprint Service Center to have them look at it and see if they know what might be causing the device to do this? Please let me know. I’m here to help.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This happens at work with secure and non-secure wireless, at home and at hotels. After my last post I went a week or so with no incidents now over the last couple of days I have had to restart my phone maybe 10 times to fix this. This seems to always work but as you can imagine, irritating.

I am skeptical that the phone store can do anything but thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps if I am on that end of town, I will give that a shot.

Journeyman

Still no love. happens several times a week but not everyday. I was checking the forums and it seems the posts drop off if there is no activity. I suppose better for sprint that way--out of sight, out of mind.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Very strange. I've had my ATIV for 6 weeks now and not seen any issues connecting or reconnecting to WiFi - work office, home, public, etc.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Well at least there is hope. Sprint store is unhelpful and I doubt short of 'losing' it and exercising my insurance plan, they won't swap it out.

I noticed it right away but what I need to do is totally wipe it and reset to factory and see if it happens in that state. I get it might just be some software I have installed/etc. but as I some percentage of users (even if it is small) see this on WP8 in general, I suspect a Windows issue.

Thanks-c

Journeyman

It still happens to me every now and then.  Not too often, but occassionally.  Since it is just occassionally, I just restart and go.  If it was more persistent, that would be a pain.  But yes, I still see the issue, also.

Journeyman

CKING220011

Thanks for the update I apologies for the delayed response. I see you are still having WI FI issues? Did you have a chance to take it to a service center? If so what was the outcome?

Please let me know. I’m here for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have noticed the same problem with my ATIV S Neo.  It happens with bluetooth and with WiFi.  If the phone has freshly booted it will usually connect, but if the bluetooth or WiFi goes out of range and then back in range it will not reconnect.  I can see the list of available bluetooth devices, but they will not connect.  I will not, however, see a list of WiFi connections.  It just says searching and cant find any connections.  I have tried turning airplane mode on and off, but that does not work.  I have also tried turning bluetooth and WiFi on and off.  If I toggle the switches to off, they grey out, but do not turn all the way off and I cannot turn them back on without rebooting the phone.  It is very frustrating to reboot the phone nearly every time I get to work, get home, get in the car, or go for a jog.  After waiting so long for a w WP8 device on Sprint, I am a bit disappointed in this Neo.  Maybe Update 3 will fix these bugs.

Journeyman

Strangely enough, I have not had this happen once in like the last 3-4 weeks. I did go through and delete several apps that I did not use or did not like/want and a couple of the included Sprint ones. I did not keep a list but...I am thinking it might have been some app that was causing an issue.

I am 99% sure I did not get any phone updates either.

Journeyman

Looks like it has been awhile but did anybody ever figure this out?  It only happens when I'm at work which is ok but annoying when I need to use the wifi because the signal is crap inside.  Same thing though, restarting works everytime but it is just a matter of time until it goes away again.  I was under the impression this was caused by a software update but I haven't confirmed this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat