cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reconnect to wifi

Journeyman

Re: Cannot reconnect to wifi

Nope, I still have this issue on a daily basis.  I've just given up to having to restart my phone constantly throughout the day.  Updating to 8.1, 8.1 Update 1, and the latest update (through preview for developers) didn't help, either.  So, I assume some sort of firmware fix is needed for this, but I don't hold my breath waiting for that.  Maybe one day I'll be surprised. 

Master

jhawkmood - Have you tried taking the device into a Sprint repair store and have a diagnostic done on it? The store should be able to confirm this for you. Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Master

KIDGEOCITIES

Sorry to hear about this. Have you taken the device to a service and repair store? What other forms of troubleshooting have you done?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same. Update 4 of 8.1 DP seems to have made it worse even. 2-3 times a day.

Master

CKING220011,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please try resetting your wireless Router or doing a factory reset on your cell phone.

- Darion
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have this same issue. it will lose connection to WiFi and lose listing of the SSIDs and never reconnect. in addition to reboot, I must turn WiFi off, THEN reboot, THEN turn WiFi back on and then it finds and connects to networks again. It seems very random when this occurs, I can go a couple of days and not have issues. Some days, the issue then can occur multiple times a day. I have not found any way to replicate the issue on demand. It is definitely an issue with the WiFi hardware on the phone. Probably a compatibility issue with the wifi hardware on the phone and certain wifi access points.  I NEVER have to reboot the router I am trying to connect to, to resolve the issue. Sprint has to work with samsung to get a firmware fix imho. But that is why we pay Sprint big bucks for their "service" right?

Master

Loth,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Have you tried taking the phone to a Service & Repair store? How long has this issue gone on for?

Marie
Sprint Social Care
Patron

I'm having the same problem with my ATIV Neo S.  It's not my router; the lack of finding any WIFI happens at work (both secure and public) and at home.  My wife and daughter's I-Phones don't experience this problem, so I assume it must be unique to Sprint.

Master

shocker53,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. Have you tried doing any troubleshooting steps?

- Destiny
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yeah, I got this same problem.  Once I leave my home or work wifi's range, I can no longer connect to any wifi until I do a reboot of the phone.  Trying to go into airplane mode and back locks up that feature and you then have to reboot to get out of airplane mode.

I got the phone in the middle of December 2014 and don't recall having this issue until the last few days.  Going to delete some apps and see what happens.

Master

WinXbox

I apologize for the trouble you're experiencing with the WiFi on the device. Please let me know the outcome after uninstalling some of the apps. You can also try resetting the network settings on the device by dialing ##72786#. Then press OK. Keep me posted.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I uninstalled the following games last night:

Age of Empires: Castle Siege

Secrets and Treasure: The Lost Cities

Ice Age Village

Halo: Spartan Assault

The two games that were on there the longest was Ice Age Village and the Halo.  So today I had no problem reconnecting to both my work and home wifi multiple times.  So, I can't say for 100% one of those games was the cause but I'm having no issues now and thats what matters.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat