cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group text feature Missing!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Group text feature Missing!

Why did sprint or Samsung remove the group text feature from the settings in messaging? This is a very important feature that alot of people use on a daily basis. It comes standard in windows phones and it really sucks that the feature is disabled on the Samsung ativ S Neo but is avalible on the HTC 8x. Can we get a update to re-enable it in the near future?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Group text feature Missing!

S-R-P-

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for making us aware of this! I am going to do a bit more research and follow up with you.

Hang in there!

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks alot!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,  Am I missing something?  I have an Ativ S Neo.  I can send group texts by plugging in the numbers one after the other.  I can also send group texts by selecting a group from "people".

Highlighted

Thanks for chiming in @Finally_Windows! S-R-P- Have you tried to send a group message as @Finally_Windows has? FYI- I'm still doing a bit of research on this one. Group messaging maybe automatically enabled on the ATIV S Neo.

Let us know,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not the problem of sending group messages, the problem is receiving them. when others send group messages to me they come in separate messages, not in one group text. The new group thing in the peoples hub only works if people actually join that group which is worthless if i'm not the one starting the group message. As of right now when i receive group messages they all come from each individual under there names instead of coming in as one group message. The group message option that's suppose to be in the messaging settings is suppose to be there to allow messages to be received as a group when sent by others instead of separate messages

Highlighted

S-R-P-

Thanks for the update! I'm in the process of researching this further. I'll update you once I've received further information.

Thanks again,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having same issue as well, I"m pretty sure this feature used to be there and recently gone missing.  Very annoying not being able to recieve a message as a group.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Me too. I need this feature. The recent windows phone gdr2 update added this feature to Verizon Windows Phones. Samsung Ativ S Neo should have had the feature included when it was released on Sprint.

Please help!

Verizon now pushing out GDR2 OS update for HTC 8X Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Highlighted
Journeyman

So i'm guessing you guys haven't found a solution to this problem yet???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still researching this?

This phone is plagued with a myriad of problems.

As paying customers, it is really very very frustrating.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat