cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use Custom Tones for alerts like text, email, etc.

Journeyman

Is there a way to use Custom Tones for alerts like text, email, etc.

I have been able to connect my ATIV S Neo to my computer and load Ringtones. When it comes to setting tones for Text, IM, Voicemail and New Mail alerts they only show default sounds. Has the Windows 8 Phones not support this?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Is there a way to use Custom Tones for alerts like text, email, etc.

HNPARNELL1,

Thank you for the post.  I believe this link should help resolve the issue that you're having: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Change_the_phone_ringtone_and_notification_sound_on_your_S.... thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

I know how to change the Ringtones and Alerts, I also know how to create my own Ringtones and upload them from my PC to use... But there is no option to change the tones for alerts like text or email to other than the standard tones... I was wanting to know if there is a way around that... I don't like the standard tones.

Wizard

HNPARNELL1,

Thanks for replying. Have you attempted to modify the notification alert with in the specific application?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

There is no way to do it within the applications... Only under Settings, Ringtones & Sounds and within that there are only System Sounds for New Text or IM, New Voicemail and New Email.

Wizard

HNPARNELL1,

Thanks for the update. At this time, we're only provided the steps available that were posted above. You may want to consult with a technician at a S&R center as they may be better able to suggest some sort of work around. I'm personally using a Samsung device, and I understand they all work a little different, but say for instance I want to change the alert on Facebook. I simply open the Facebook app, then press the menu button, go to settings,  and while I'm in settings, I am giving the option to set a specific notification alert.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

HNPARNELL1,

Thank you for the posting. Try this, in settings go to Settings, ringtones + sounds. You then have the option to "get more" that takes you to http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/start/add-ringtones-to-my-phone with instructions.  According to this you may have to bring the "sound" in from another location but should be able to designate it to the function that you desire.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat