cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Journeyman

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Windows phone 8.1 works excellent on my Samsung Ativ S Neo smartphone. Love using Cortana Digital Assistant and love the Action Center feature and best part is saving my Apps onto my MicroSD 64GB. I also love adding extra live tile and customizing my phone background. Also No Isssues using windows phone 8.1 It working way way faster.

267 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

So I guess the update on your Sprint device didn't break your MMS/cellular connection, as had been widely reported by many users? Or did you manually input APN settings?

If you found a work around/fix, perhaps you'd be keen to share it.

Journeyman

I agree. The install went perfectly and have no issues at all. I did not do a hard reset after hearing the horror stories. I also had no reason to hard reset.  after install, the phone restarted and all was great. Love having quiet hours although having it linked to Cortana is disappointing. Action center and having the ability to install apps to the SD card are the top features for me. I wouldn't advise doing the hard reset after hearing what it does but you shouldn't have to.

Journeyman

I agree on avoiding the factory reset after upgrading to 8.1 preview, but quite a few of us were told to do so by tech support. Also, doing this appears to have fixed the old voice roaming issue - though it has not been verified by actual performance yet.

So, I was just trying to figure out if anyone has successfully retained all their MMS/cellular capabilities while gaining the roaming fix. So far, I haven't come across anyone who has.

Journeyman

Can you give me more detail about the roaming fix and MMS/cellular capabilities. I want to know the specifics so that I may find the problem and reply with a solution.

Journeyman

I have no problems when upgraded to Windows phone 8.1 Everything is working excellent and No problems with MMS/Cellular Connections. Also just moved 2GB of Apps on my Neo to my SD Card and retained back my internal storage space. Thanks to MicroSD. Windows phone 8.1 so awesome.

Journeyman

V__1374 1.JPG

Journeyman

V__CDA2 1.jpg

Journeyman

Does your visual voicemail works? does it open fine?

Journeyman

Some people are having problems with the network and some are not. Mines work but everyone needs to remember that this is in beta! As for Visual Voicemail, that is a Sprint issue. It is an app that Sprint developers must update in the Windows Phone store to solve the problem. Just look at the VVM ratings in the store. 

wp_ss_20140417_0002.jpg

Journeyman

Don't misunderstand me - it's a great leap forward and I like the OS.

Would be nice if the update didn't break your cellular data connection, though, if you have to factory reset (especially since that's the go to solution for most problems from the technician's point of view).

Visual Voicemail does not open, but it's always been a buggy, barely functional app.

Journeyman

I for one have not been getting any problems with the network. I been getting 4G LTE at my place and my area. Upgrading to 8.1 also been great with no issues. Just love the Action Center and Cortana.LivetileNews.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat