cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Journeyman

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Well I don't think we can say with any certainty what Sprint will do in the future. If I remember right they were the last carrier to announce they would be getting WP 8. I didn't even believe they would so they surprised me in the end. I've heard they didn't get along with nokia so now that they are out of the way maybe Microsoft can work a deal. There are plenty of WP OEM's out there so just bring some in. I cannot see any advantage to Sprint ignoring WP.

Journeyman

So, do Sprint customers with a Samsung ATIV S Neo have the WP 8.1 upgrade?  If yes, how did they get it?  Did they buy the phone with the upgrade?

Journeyman

They only way any of us have 8.1 on the Neo is by using Microsoft's Developer Preview and installing the update straight from Microsoft. The problem with this is that we don't have the firmware to go with it so there are some bugs and things can get broke by doing a factory reset after the update. We are waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the official update to fix these things.

Master

CustomerSince1988 Thank you for posting. We do not yet have a timeline on that specific upgrade. Please click on http://bit.ly/MyVLs9 , for more up to date information. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Master

​ - Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Please, please, please Sprint - if you would like to offer more information about why the power house combination of Sprint/Samsung/Microsoft still hasn't released the Win Phone 8.1 update to us please do so.  Perhaps you haven't noticed that I along many others on this discussion are pretty frustrated with the delay and the non-helpful comments from Sprint to us, your customers. 

How are we suppose to take the reply from Ramiro Sprint Social Care?  It is a link to the HTC phones. Are you saying that you will give us Samsung ATIV S Neo users free HTC phones?  Or maybe you just continue to ask us to read between the lines and see you are saying tough luck to our customers who bought the Samsung?

Sheila Sprint Social Care post on Sept 21, was kind enough to sum up Sprint's help to us by posting nothing!!

I guess the most encouraging fact is that today is the last day of summer!  Earlier this year when Sprint told us that the 8.1 update would be delivered this summer so everyone get ready - it has to be coming today!!

Bottom line - if you are choosing to discontinue support for Windows Phone 8, just be honest and let us know.  And please remember that you can discontinue support for the Windows Phone 8 and still support your customers who bought the product from you.  You would offer some special upgrade options to us to acknowledge the investment that we've been making in Sprint and the phone.

Journeyman

Nokia still exist. Microsoft bought Nokia's phone division. Microsoft will continue to carry the Nokia Lumia name until the end of contract. There is a possibility they could renew the contract to extend carrying the Nokia name for their devices. A lot of Nokia fans would rather by a product from Nokia than Microsoft. Verizon has put the past behind them but Sprint is still last to settle things. I think its safe to say that if Sprint had of went with one Nokia Windows Phone like they did with Samsung and HTC, we wouldn't be having these problems. Dan Hesse is no longer the CEO of Sprint and Sprint's choice of not getting Nokia's Windows Phones was a bad business move! With the change in leadership, lets HOPE things move up and get better at Sprint! Sheila Sprint Social Care gave the best reply I've seen in awhile! Sprint has already been made a liar but at least they told the truth about it coming for HTC https://twitter.com/htc/status/510162285646848000. Lets hope Samsung Windows Phone will get it soon, or Sprint release the HTC One M8 for Windows Phone!

Journeyman

I was excited to hear that my Samsung Ativ S Neo would be upgraded this summer... Well it is the first day of fall and still nothing. I guess I have 2 options.

1. go to IOS again.

2. go back to Verizon.

Journeyman

None of the Samsung WP's have been updated on any network.

Journeyman

Nokia still exist. Microsoft bought Nokia's phone division. Microsoft will continue to carry the Nokia Lumia name until the end of contract. There is a possibility they could renew the contract to extend carrying the Nokia name for their devices. A lot of Nokia fans would rather by a product from Nokia than Microsoft. Verizon has put the past behind them but Sprint is still last to settle things. I think its safe to say that if Sprint had of went with one Nokia Windows Phone like they did with Samsung and HTC, we wouldn't be having these problems. Dan Hesse is no longer the CEO of Sprint and Sprint's choice of not getting Nokia's Windows Phones was a bad business move! With the change in leadership, lets HOPE things move up and get better at Sprint! Sheila Sprint Social Care gave the best reply I've seen in awhile! Sprint has already been made a liar but at least they told the truth about it coming for HTC https://twitter.com/htc/status/510162285646848000. Lets hope Samsung Windows Phone will get it soon, or Sprint release the HTC One M8 for Windows Phone!

Yes I know about the MS purchase but MS will also be ditching the nokia name soon and as far as I'm concerned it cannot happen fast enough. Those lumia's ain't all that and if it hadn't been for the Neo I don't know if I would even be using a Windows phone, the HTC was just too small for me. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to prevent anyone from getting the phone they want, I'm just tired of the nokia snobbery! It's about Windows Phone not the brand of device.

Master

Torres0317,

I am sorry to see this. At this time, I don't have any news on a new model of windows device, but I would recommend visiting http://bit.ly/1iwLZpn for news of new devices. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

DIALM4SPEED - No current release of any windows phone updates for that device. The last update was released on 02/3/14 software version NA2.- Krista
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat