cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Journeyman

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Yeah i never did a reset also because i knew it was never needed. I also never listen to a sprint support which i really dont need there help on windows upgrade. My 8.1 still been doing great.

Master

thenet95,

I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied with all the features that the Samsung Ativ S Neo has to offer and thank you for sharing your knowledge. Have a wonderful evening!

Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Microsoft just release first Windows phone 8.1 update which fix battery issues and bugs. I been using 8.1 OS for over a month now and for one never

had any battery issues. Going to update it now! People who have not updated to 8.1 is missing the great features and enhancements.

WP81First-Update.jpg

Journeyman

I too have updated to 8.10.12382.878. I did notice some battery drain issues but I am not having that problem anymore. There are some bugs that have been worked out as well with the update but I haven't had any that I don't know about. I do know Visual Voicemail is working again with the update but it is still buggy. The network issues people are having is after they update to 8.1 and do a hard reset. It is in the best interest to not do a hard reset after updating to 8.1. Everything works good and if you have problems, remember it is still in bata! The issue with the hard reset is the Network has problems. It will work but sending MMS wont. So don't expect to send picture, video, etc if you do a hard reset after updating. Regular text will work. If you want to reset your network, make sure you have a WiFi connection and go through the process in the phone > settings > activate your devices > Device Self Service. Here is a quick video showing people how to use Project My Screen.

Journeyman

You say visual voicemail works fine. My Visual Voicemail works excellent when i did First update of Windows phone 8.1 It seems fix issue of visual voicemail, before it was not working when upgrading to windows phone 8.1. So far it working fine and getting notification and live tiles works fine too. Can wait to get final 8.1 in June even thou most everything been working fine. Also have seen great battery life improvement.

Journeyman

You are one of the lucky few to have visual voicemail working excellent compared to the many who had it working ok or not at all. On 8.0 Visual Voicemail was buggy. On the first 8.1 update, the Visual Voicemail app wouldn't start and the only way to check Voicemail was to call your own phone or use the phone app to tap the voicemail icon. On the 2nd 8.1 update, the Visual Voicemail is working again, but it is still buggy. The rating in the app store do not lie! The app did so poorly to where they decided to pull it from the store. So don't delete it because there is a possibility you might not see it again. Sprint could be working on a better app suited for Windows Phone 8.1... The battery life is nice on my phone and everything is working great. The apps play from the SD card with no problem and I can't wait to get the other features that comes with the final 8.1 update. Like the Cortana animated lock screen!

Journeyman

V__4B61.jpg

Like i said been so very happy with my Samsung Ativ S Neo windows phone 8.1. Now i am just been using the launch of the new FILE MANAGER APP and it works excellent. Love how easy it is to move, copy and delete files from my phone to microsd card. Works just like a computer. IPhone 5S can't even do this. hahahah All you people who have not upgraded to Windows phone 8.1 are missing the great features. Ok got go and check on my 9 visual voicemail message for me to listen too since i gotten notified on my action center and also on my Visual Voicemail live tile.

Journeyman

You have Upgraded from Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 8.1 with the Stock ROM from Sprint?

I have trying to Upgrade my Stock Sprint Samsung Ativ S Neo to Windows Phone 8.1, but have Not been able to do it at all.

How were you able to Upgrade. OTA? Sync & Upgrade? Or some other way.

You can reply here or my email. gd761 at opt on line dot net

Thank You for the Info in advance to Anyone who can Help with this.

Journeyman

Search for "windows phone 8.1 update on sprint" here in the forums and you will see a video along with step-by-step instructions on how to update to Windows Phone 8.1   The latest version is at build 12397 which is the 3rd update of the preview for developers.This is Windows Phone (8.10.12397.895)

Journeyman

I updated recently. There were 2 WP 8.0 updates and then two 8.1 updates. Did not really test anything before the second 8.1 update but (almost) everything works good.

One issue I wonder if anyone is seeing is the loss of WiFi. Not all the time but as reported on WP 8.0 by some, occasionally I would encounter the issue where no wifi networks were detected. A reboot was the only solution. Seemed to have largely gone away on 8.0 (maybe an update from Sprint?) but with 8.1 I see it at least one time per day now. I  suspect there will be some firmware or driver in the final Sprint update--I know going into the Dev Preview there was risk.

Also, I never used Visual Voicemail even with 8.0. Try MagikMail--works great. I use the free (lite) version. If you pay extra, you can get rid of ads but to be honest, I seldom see any. There is also a monthly fee option to get text transcribing. Lite works fine for me.

Journeyman

Using WiFi I have no problems. I also don't have any problems on my visual voicemail at all. I get voicemail notifications, live tile works and also works on my action center notifications showing my voicemail status on my Ativ Neo Windows phone 8.1 Can't wait for final windows phone 8.1 which is coming soon

Journeyman

Live tiles on Windows phone 8.1V__EC65.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat