cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Journeyman

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Once everyone get the update, they will love their phones a whole lot!

Master

APOCALYPSEAD,

Thanks for the update! Glad you are enjoying the benefits from the newest update. Let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help. Have a wonderful day.

Lucia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 is 8.10.12400.899...This is what everyone will be getting ( http://www.wpcentral.com/should-you-get-preview-windows-phone-81-update-1 ) If Sprint or Samsung don't send it, it will not hurt anyone to get the developer preview. NO ONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE DEVELOPER PREVIEW! There were rumors at the beginning of the year that stated Sprint will be getting two new Windows Phones but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, the Summer does not really end until September. So, for those who have patients, continue to wait on Sprint. I'll just be waiting on Sprint to send patches and firmware updates to the update I already have. If you want to know how to update to the developer preview, check out my instructions here in the forums https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/788267#788267  Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 is almost here and we will be able to have unlocked Nokia Lumia phones on Sprint because President Barack Obama signed it into law ( http://www.cnet.com/news/president-signs-cell-phone-unlocking-bill-into-law/ ) The Nokia Lumia Icon on Verizon also known as the Nokia Lumia 930 looks pretty good for Sprint. If we can just get 4G with it!

Journeyman

The Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is here!wp_ss_20140804_0001.pngwp_ss_20140804_0003.pngwp_ss_20140804_0004.png

Master

APOCALYPSEAD

Awesome! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hopefully someone here can help, as I am not getting anywhere with Sprint Chat or Samsung Chat.  Sprint says the Windows 8.1 is available for the Ativ S Neo (SPH-I800) since April but it is not appearing on my Software Updates.  Samsung reports it is NOT available; yet I see many people here with it.  Please advise how this is possible.

Master

KevinS720 - Thanks for the post. Looking in our system there have been no updates for this device since 2/23/2014. Others may not be using an official version of the device. From what I can see the update has not officially been released for Sprint. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The thing is Sprint does not know when they will get the update but they can give you a window. It was know before the summer that Sprint will be getting the 8.1 update. The summer ends in September so if you can wait until the end of the summer then things should be fine for you. If you are ready to get it now like the majority of us who already have it, then look at post number 38 here and you will see a link that i posted showing you how to get Windows Phone 8.1... I give written and video instructions on how to update.

Journeyman

APOCALYPSEAD

I would note that there are widespread posts many places about severe problems with the 8.1 preview on various devices, especially the Neo S. I've experienced many of them, and it didn't fix many other issues while introducing others. So please, you may want to refrain from unequivocally telling people to install it. Great that you and thenet95 are happy with it, but many of us continue to be deeply disappointed in Sprint's and Samsung's support.

Master

APOCALYPSEAD,

Hey! Thanks for the post. If you have any questions or concerns let us know. We're here to help.

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Master

Jeremy
We don't want you to be disappointed in us. Once the official version of the update comes out on Sprint, it should be a success on your device. We appreciate you being a valuable Sprint customer.
Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The one big problem people are having is the roaming issues. I have already posted a fixed that helped people solve the problem. Majority of everyone who have the 8.1 update on every Major carrier which are Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have not have any issues updating nor getting updates to the update.  For it to be a BETA, it has had very little bugs that will get fixed with the Sprint/Samsung firmware update. The 8.0 will get updated to what we have now, the 8.1... Even the 8.0 needs Sprint support with the Visual Voice-mail due to Sprint needing to update it and re releasing it in the Windows Phone store. The irony is, Visual Voice-mail works good on 8.1...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat