Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Master

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Thank you for the information it's very useful. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yup i already know about this. also updated mine dev preview to update one and love using live folders. People who still waiting are missing it so much and are just going be left behind. Oh well. Better go i have check my 14 voicemail message :-)-

Journeyman

livefolders.JPG

Journeyman

cortanasteve.JPG

Journeyman

Does anybody know the MMS APN settings? They are not installed by default in the Developer's Preview edition.

Master

KBoragine

Thanks for reaching out. Please try updating the data profile by going to Home>Settings>Network Profile Update>Update Profile. You can also try dialing ##72786# to reactivate and reprogram the device. It may take more than one try, but please let me know if it helps.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Oh yes Another Wp 8.1 Dev Preview update today. Wow my Ativ S Neo is so twice fast since finishing the latest update. But no new features added.

Journeyman

The last day of Summer is September 22, 2014 That's how long Sprint has.

I shall reword the statement with "NO ONE HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS UPDATING TO 8.1 UPDATE 1 BESIDES SOME CUSTOMERS WITH HTC WINDOWS PHONES." There are customers with faulty devices, and there are customers with well working devices. Others and myself have had a great experience. I hope the problem is solved for those who are having problems with their BETAs. The issue for some Sprint customers is the Roaming issues. Some people who have had those problems have had it fixed. There are different solutions. I will post five of them here. As far as Visual Voice Mail goes, that is an app issue that Sprint will have to fix and update in the Windows Phone store. I have no problems with V V M on 8.1, but it is still buggy. Every carrier has different complaints by customers and BETA testers on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. The one main complaint on all carriers are the HTC phones, but some of those are getting fixed. Windows Phone just got another update to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200). For those who are updating for the first time, do not do a hard reset! And when you get the developer preview, you will be able to get the long awaited official Sprint version of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. Here are the five solutions for one of the problems with Sprint customers.

Solution 1.

ANAJEEJONES replied (in response to APOCALYPSEAD) 1 day ago

I figured it out. There was no problem with my OS; the phone was faulty. I had them replace the phone(for free, I might add), install all windows phone 8 updates and then I put the Dev back on it with all updates. It is working awesomely now. Thanks for the advice, Apocalypsead. As for sprint customer care, you guys need to get on the ball. There should be no reason why your subscribers should have more product knowledge than you! If we asked you a question about Android, iOS or even Blackberry you would be able to support it. Like it or not, you guys need to get trained and updated on how to support a Windows Phone. And you may ask yourself who am I and why do I feel this way: I am a former trainer for Sprint who made sure that all of my classes were on their game concerning all products that we supported.

Solution 2.

My MMS wasn't working either and I got that Error 225 not activated message.  Did the ##72786# reset and it didn't work..Then I got on the phone with Steve (2nd line of support) and Steve fixed it. When he looked at the account, there was nothing wrong.  Here's what he did:

turn off phone

Steve blocked MMS on my account

Steve un-blocked MMS on my account

turn phone on

Phone updated profile

able to send MMS now

That Steve is a good guy to know....

Solution 3.

Currently Being Moderated

Hey Buel, I was in the same boat, but you can try this: Use Cortana, search for "Network Profile" - swipe to the left once to bring up search results on the phone, click on "Network Profile" - this takes you to the *missing* Network Profile settings page.

Source:

HTC 8XT - Sprint - Windows Phone 8.1 - Update PRL?

This works for some people. Good luck!

Solution 4.

• How I got data (Profile Update) to work on my 8XT, items covered/tried while on the phone with Sprint/HTC
  1. Found that the "Update Network Profile" selection was missing after the hard reset.  
  2. Did ##786# to get into Service Tools, > selected MSL, input password 508214, selected MSL again, selected than inputted the MDN than MSID that Sprint gave me than hit save. Phone will reset. Spent about 30 minutes with Sprint without getting data back.
  1. 3. Called HTC for help, they had me pull the SIM (which rebooted the phone),  several minutes after power up re-inserted the SIM, phone than rebooted itself. Entered ##UPDATE# on keypad and the phone than reloaded the network profile and data was back. Have kept the WIFI off and the phone has been great, only issue still working is how to get notification for waiting voice mail.

Solution 5.

This is something I over herd in the Sprint store from two customers conversation. Have Wifi connected while doing the ##786# and then do a Device self service from the settings > activate your device. The whole process may take several attempts before it works.

wp_ss_20140820_0001.png

wp_ss_20140820_0002.png

Master

APOCALYPSEAD, We appreciate the information. We are always here to help if you need assistance. - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What's up Sprint?  How about some honesty as to why the Win 8.1 update is still not available for the Samsung ATIV S Neo?  I'm in IT and have at least a little understanding of what it takes to do a major upgrade but I don't have the resources of Sprint, Microsoft and Samsung working on my projects!  We received the firmware update in Feb.  In April you announced 8.1 this summer.  We then heard mid-summer.  Then it was mid-August.  Well as one person put it, the kids are back in school so mid-summer has passed.  It's 8/22 so mid-August has passed as well.  I guess we're not at fall yet so perhaps I need to be more patient. 

8.1 has been rolled out to many phones on other networks.  Yes, I know I could get the developer version which many say is fine.  I'd prefer to wait for the "real" version upgrade but now you guys have me really worried.  I can only think you are having major issues if you keep pushing back the release.  At this point, especially with the developer version out for so long and pretty successful, I'm at a loss as to why we don't have the 8.1 update or a better explanation as to why we don't and with that a firm release date.  Or perhaps it isn't ever coming?

Still faithfully checking for the 8.1 update and looking forward to what Santa is bringing me this Christmas!

j2

Journeyman

You can wait all you want. I been enjoying wp 8.1 for past 4 months with no problems. Great about Dev preview we get great new features before anyone who have not installed Dev preview. So if you get 8.1 you will not have great new features like live folders. So love using Cortana.

Journeyman

I think everyone will get live folders and Cortana because we will be able to get the Sprint official version once its released. The recent update had some minor tweaks and improvements. I have also noticed the speed as well. I see you reached Expert status!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat